Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1018075 - 08/12/08 06:19 PM Fraud Detection\Shutdown Service? Anti Phishing?
SupTech Offline
New Poster
Hello all. I am looking for a service that either retroactively/proactively takes down attempts to copy bank websites in an effort to phish its customers. I know RSA performs these services but at a price that is way to high. Does anyone use such a service? What would you do if your website http://www.bank.com was copied to www1.bank.com and your customers were sent emails forwarding them to the www1 address?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1019334 - 08/13/08 06:43 PM Re: Fraud Detection\Shutdown Service? Anti Phishing? SupTech
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
Have you looked at Cyveillance?

I think you'll find they're all expensive. I usually try and shut them down myself before I outsource. Usually works like that whack-a-mole game.

Return to Top
#1020272 - 08/14/08 05:04 PM Re: Fraud Detection\Shutdown Service? Anti Phishing? MikeJ
SupTech Offline
New Poster
Thanks for the info I will be contacting Cyveillance for pricicng. How would you even deal with it yourself? Either you have to break thier site, notify your customers, or contact the hosting ISP. Contacting the host ISP is a joke, I tried this once with Yahoo... Even if you get a Yahoo fraud employee on the phone the turn around time is 72+ hours.
Last edited by SupTech; 08/14/08 05:17 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z