Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1854339 - 09/20/13 08:11 PM Sending copy of signed loan documents via emial
kankkank Offline
New Poster
We want to offer the cutomer a choice of paper or email for their signed copies of the loan documents.....we are trying to save paper. If they choose email delivery, we will have a cover sheet that identifies their email address and thier signed permission to send the documents. What else are we required to do? Would this be part of the Esign reg that requires an initial email be sent and then returned before we could email?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1854377 - 09/20/13 09:10 PM Re: Sending copy of signed loan documents via emial kankkank
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
E-SIGN applies when you are making disclosures that are required by (federal) law and you are substituting bits and bytes for paper.

If this is a required copy of loan document, E-SIGN applies and that means demonstrable consent if these are consumers. Commercial customers are different.

I would caution against email unless these are encrypted. You might me able to deliver these via internet banking instead. Then you have a secured environment vs. email. An email might say they're available, but logon credentials are needed for access.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z