Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#29294 - 08/23/02 10:14 PM Intranet "Packages"
Victoria Offline
New Poster
We're interested in scrapping our current Intranet and starting again - hopefully with the foundation being a banking oriented intranet package.

Anyone have any recommendations?

-Victoria

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#29295 - 08/24/02 05:14 PM Re: Intranet "Packages"
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
What features of your current intranet are not used? What "banking" features are you hoping to find in a replacement product?

Return to Top
#29296 - 08/26/02 02:53 PM Re: Intranet "Packages"
Anonymous
Unregistered

We built an intranet - but we'd like a package that allows non-IT staff to update the content. The content right now is update through IT - leading to a bottleneck - leading to getting updates posted later than we would like. We're a small shop - so getting the content mgt pushed out to the "content owners" will be a great benefit to us & the accuracy of the info on the intranet.

The "banking" functions we'd like are: a place to easily update rate information (updated by the various departments - not IT), a place to easily view the current Marketing ads / promotions (also updated by marketing), a searchable documentation area for posting of Policy & Procedures. Just a product more geared to banking - as opposed to focused on collaboration, for example.

Ideas?

Return to Top
#29297 - 09/05/02 06:19 PM Re: Intranet "Packages"
StevenD Offline
Gold Star
StevenD
KY
I am not 'marketing' but our company sells an intranet package called "Web @ Work". We use it ourselves and many of our core processing customers also use the service. You can email me for more information or view a demo on-line and request info at
Web@Work demo
If you had provided an email address in your contact I would have emailed you separately rather than posting here. Apologies to the rest of the forum.

Return to Top
#29298 - 09/05/02 10:23 PM Re: Intranet "Packages"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been thinking about an intranet myself. Why could you not use a web site as an intranet with access through security coding. It is relatively easy to update a web site and it would be accessible from anywhere, e.g. home or office. Of course, access via DSL would be required.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z