Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#712576 - 04/06/07 03:03 PM E-Statement
Rather be in Vegas Offline
100 Club
Florida
We are beginning to offer our clients with E-Statement capabilities. One of the requirements of E-Sign is to provide the customer with procedures thatmust be followed to inform teh bank of new contact information, should it change. For instance, if the customer changes hirs or her Internet service provided or 1-mail address, the bank must be amde aware of the new contact information. What happens when a bank employee wants to sign up for Electronic Statements and wants to use the banks e-mail address? My first reaction was that it must be their own computer at home, but I wanted to get input from others on this, see if you had this situation at your institution.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#714865 - 04/11/07 07:00 PM Re: E-Statement Rather be in Vegas
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
That would be a matter of bank policy. Our bank allows this.

Return to Top
#715241 - 04/12/07 01:43 PM Re: E-Statement ahou
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
They could have a G-mail or Yahoo account and use an Internet Cafe for all it matters. The question is, do you want employees doing their banking on the clock?

Pro - they can better sell the program when they use it
Con - it is time on the clock. I wouldn't anticipate them doing this "quick check" off the clock.

As ahou said, your policy, your choice.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#718667 - 04/19/07 04:05 PM Re: E-Statement Andy_Z
Denovo Co Offline
Gold Star
NM
Our bank is also considering offering e-statements and I have been asked to look into this. Would you all please guide to the place that has the most information regarding this? They way we would offer these would be to notify the customer that a statement is available for them to view via the on-line banking product and provide them with the address where they can access their statement. I'm way in over my head, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
#718681 - 04/19/07 04:13 PM Re: E-Statement Denovo Co
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You can search on "pull" statements as that is what you propose here. You will pull them into your site. You'll need to keep these available for 90 days and if you move them for some reason, notify the customer.

The E-sections of the Regs will help you research this as well.

Reg. B @ 202.16
Reg. E @ 205.17
Reg. M @ 213.6
Reg. Z @ 226.36
Reg. DD @ 230.10
Reg. CC @ OSC H.229.13(g) & 229.15 A
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#718907 - 04/19/07 07:06 PM Re: E-Statement Denovo Co
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
To Andy's list you must add the federal ESIGN act. Put it at the top of your list because obtaining ESIGN's informed consent is the first step in the other regs.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z