Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1682919 - 03/27/12 09:15 PM Can-SPAM & buying a list of realtor email addresse
Burgess Offline
Diamond Poster
our home loan dept would like to buy a list of email addresses for realtors in a certain area.
They would then use the addresses to email a general message of we are here, we are good to work with, here is how we can be contacted.
All other issues aside, i would think that the email sent to the realtors would be considered a commercial message under Can-SPAM subject to opt-out provisions. agree?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1682928 - 03/27/12 09:26 PM Re: Can-SPAM & buying a list of realtor email addresse Burgess
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Yes, the messages would be Commercial EMail Messages.

Return to Top
#1683301 - 03/28/12 07:14 PM Re: Can-SPAM & buying a list of realtor email addresse Richard Insley
Burgess Offline
Diamond Poster
and i guess that it absolutly no help that the receipients are all businesses. Can-SPAM doesn't have a consumers only exception.

Return to Top
#1683530 - 03/29/12 01:24 PM Re: Can-SPAM & buying a list of realtor email addresse Burgess
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Not sure if that is intended to be a question or not. I haven't reviewed it in awhile but I don't recall CAN SPAM being a consumer protection, but rather protecting email addresses. So commercial accounts are covered as well. It could be difficult based on an email address to know if it is consumer or commercial. The same goes for the owner of that email address.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z