Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1453822 - 10/08/10 11:27 PM Reg E Disclosure
Tristan's Mom Offline
Tristan's Mom
Corn 'n Bean Land
Our Mobile Banking product works like this:

Customer must first be a online banking customer.
Customer may enroll for the service only from within the online banking application.

The customer receives the Reg E notice when the account is opened, and receives another Reg E notice if the online banking is added later. Since the mobile banking application is actually part of the online banking product, will another Reg E notice need to go out when the customer enrolls if not in "close proximity" to the online banking product?

I would like to incorporate this disclosure into the signup procedure for mobile banking. The application displays our agreement which the customer must "Agree" to with a click. But would we have to jump through all the e-sign hoops to accomplish this?

I'm afraid I know the answer, but would like to know what everyone else is doing...

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1455702 - 10/15/10 03:18 PM Re: Reg E Disclosure Tristan's Mom
Tristan's Mom Offline
Tristan's Mom
Corn 'n Bean Land
Bump

Return to Top
#1718371 - 07/09/12 10:00 PM Re: Reg E Disclosure Tristan's Mom
Whyisit Offline
We're looking into providing Mobile Banking and have the same questions. How have you handled the Reg E question?

Return to Top
#1736987 - 08/30/12 09:36 PM Re: Reg E Disclosure Tristan's Mom
MrsBzyMom Offline
New Poster
Minnesota
I'm wondering what everyone’s take is in regards to Tristan's Mom's question above.

"Our Mobile Banking product works like this:

Customer must first be an online banking customer.
Customer may enroll for the service only from within the online banking application.

The customer receives the Reg E notice when the account is opened, and receives another Reg E notice if the online banking is added later. Since the mobile banking application is actually part of the online banking product, will another Reg E notice need to go out when the customer enrolls if not in "close proximity" to the online banking product?"

I recently attended a webinar during which they stated "Mobile Banking", added as means to access an account, is considered a new access device and requires a new Reg E disclosure.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
#1737209 - 08/31/12 03:53 PM Re: Reg E Disclosure Tristan's Mom
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If your mobile banking is merely a phone-phriendly (should it be fone-friendly?) version of your online banking, I think you can tweak your online disclosures a bit to include mobile access and consider them one service. But if mobile is appreciably different, or if there are different limits or restrictions that apply, I think you need to keep them separate for clarity's sake and provide a separate set of targeted disclosures when a customer signs up for mobile.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z