Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2246647 - 12/16/20 11:09 PM Images of Deposit items in Online Banking
dac1 Offline
Our bank does not display images of the check items that are within a deposit through online banking. Is this standard or do other banks display these images? Is there any risk in displaying the items since they have the check issuers account information? We are getting significant pressure from customers to make this available.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2246650 - 12/17/20 12:15 AM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking dac1
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are referring to consumer accounts, I am not aware of any banks that make images of deposited checks available.

Return to Top
#2246656 - 12/17/20 01:38 PM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking rlcarey
dac1 Offline
What about on the commercial side? I know our customers who use RDC have access to the check images. Do you know of banks that make that available for commercial accounts who don't have RDC through online banking? Just trying to determine if we are correct in not offering, or maybe something we should research more. Thanks!

Return to Top
#2246657 - 12/17/20 02:08 PM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking dac1
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are getting significant pressure from customers, of course you should research it more. If you already offer it though through RDC then point those customers in that direction or give them another option - but commercial services are not free. You should be researching your direct competition for the services and the pricing that they offer.

Return to Top
#2246669 - 12/17/20 03:59 PM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking dac1
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Also check with your core. I have consumer accounts at one institution and commercial accounts at another. Both use the same core provider which allows me to view my deposited checks.

Return to Top
#2246677 - 12/17/20 05:02 PM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking dac1
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
In my experience, this is bank- and system-dependent. I currently have three banking relationships. Two display deposited check images in OLB, the third does not. All three display images of checks I've written.

Assuming your OLB platform is secure, what do you see as the additional risk in displaying the images within the secure platform?
Last edited by InFairness, CRCM; 12/17/20 05:03 PM.

Return to Top
#2247571 - 01/12/21 09:49 PM Re: Images of Deposit items in Online Banking dac1
incredelman Offline
New Poster
We do display images of deposited items and encountered something we hadn't thought of ahead of time. An example: a business uses 1 debit ticket with multiple credit tickets as the offset (we still fill out paper tickets for transactions). Each credit is going to a different customer. Because debit and credits are scanned as one transaction, each account involved could see ALL of the images online- names and account numbers of other customers.

This was quickly discovered and any transactions processed this way are now handled differently.

Consider how your tellers are processing transactions where multiple accounts are involved.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z