Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2264807 - 01/17/22 10:55 PM Expanding e-sign usage
WIBanker91 Offline
100 Club
WI
We have not used e-sign to a great extend but there is a request to review what documents on the deposit and consumer loan side we could expand to. Since we could do it on most documents, the question becomes more about what documents we are willing to accept potential risk on. I am looking to see how others are looking at the risk of not having an actual signature for signature cards to compare for large dollar and fraud items. What about allowing it on Payable on Death, Power of Attorney and IRAs? Any feedback or other risks you have identified would be appreciated.
Last edited by WIBanker91; 01/17/22 10:56 PM.
Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2264808 - 01/18/22 12:12 PM Re: Expanding e-sign usage WIBanker91
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would think that this is a question more for your legal counsel, as the risk is what documents are needed if you end up in court over a dispute and what documents might specifically need a signature. As far as documents like a Power of Attorney, since those need to normally include a notary, you would have to be set up for Remote On-Line Notarization. Many documents, unless they represent an actual contract such as disclosures, do not actually have to be signed and just have to be delivered. You need to sit down and say to yourself, if we choose to handle (choose an operation) thru DocuSign or some similar E-Sign compliant process, what document do we have to deliver, do they need to be signed, do we need a signature specimen, do we need to do CIP, how do we identify the person, etc. Taking a scattergun approach is not the way to approach this.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z