Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1943803 - 07/21/14 08:28 PM New Hire Handouts
Banquera_feliz Offline
Pennsylvania
In addition to the required handouts (i.e. W-4, I-9, etc.) what other items do you readers give out to new hires? We require a Confidentiality Agreement and W-9 and we also give them an employee handbook.

I'm just looking to see if those readers in the HR department possibly have a 'checklist' that I can compare to mine.

We're a tiny, one office institution that doesn't have a formal HR department so I sort of get that job in addition to the other zillion ones I have.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1943872 - 07/21/14 09:26 PM Re: New Hire Handouts Banquera_feliz
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
On Day 1 for new hires, our HR employee gives the new hire all of the applicable policies for them to read and sign off, plus the employee handbook and all tax forms and confidentiality/non-compete agreements.

Return to Top
#1943962 - 07/22/14 01:30 PM Re: New Hire Handouts Banquera_feliz
Banquera_feliz Offline
Pennsylvania
Thanks for your input, BurntSienna; we give them the policies as well. It *appears* that I'm doing okay in HR!

Return to Top
#1944442 - 07/23/14 01:43 PM Re: New Hire Handouts Banquera_feliz
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we provide copies of the handbook and internal policies as well. It is kind of funny, we make teh employee sign a form stating they have received and read the handbook...but it is 125+ pages and no one actually reads it when handed to them, but HR requires them to sign acknowledging they've read it...and won't let them out of orientation until they give the signed form.

Awaiting when we hire a new employee in Legal department who says they'll sign when done or make HR wait the 3 hours it would take to read...

Return to Top
#1944576 - 07/23/14 04:01 PM Re: New Hire Handouts HappyGilmore
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
I was that employee.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry