Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2191071 - 08/29/18 05:29 PM Certification Tracking
Baker Offline
Platinum Poster
Washington State
If you have employees with certifications listed in their bios or signature lines what measures do you go through to ensure the certifications remain current? For example, do you make the employee provide documentation showing credential status every year?

Do you need to do this for all professionals or just those that are public facing? For example, SEC licenses (Series 7...) v. CRCM.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2191235 - 08/30/18 04:11 PM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I've never even considered this. It almost sounds like babysitting if you know what I mean... but I guess this is essentially compliance. I would hope those that have these certifications would make sure to maintain them. At this bank, the bank will pay for reasonable CPE credits as long as it is bank related so our folks just get it done.

Return to Top
#2191281 - 08/30/18 06:26 PM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I probably wouldn't worry about it for certifications but licenses are required and therefore should probably be tracked.

Return to Top
#2191283 - 08/30/18 06:32 PM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Folks word hard for certifications so I would think they would track them, themselves to ensure they maintain certification so as stated above, I wouldn't track this but licensing would be different.

Return to Top
#2191325 - 08/30/18 08:53 PM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i have a certification, i am responsible for ensuring i meet the renewal requirements, the bank pays for my continuing education hours and annual registration. no one has ever asked to see proof, but the certificate is in my office in a nice frame and shows i'm registered until 2021. i would also provide a copy showing registration if needed. it is included in my bio on our HR website, under the same section about education.

for those in the company that are required to maintain a license (attorney, CPA, notary, brokers, etc), they must furnish annual recert proof.

Return to Top
#2191508 - 09/04/18 11:50 AM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am responsible to maintain my certs, my company gets the bill. Easy way to track...

Return to Top
#2191549 - 09/04/18 03:02 PM Re: Certification Tracking Baker
Sunshine Lady Online
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Same is DeeQ

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry