Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#250470 - 09/29/04 06:07 PM Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which federal agency (and the cite) says that we must make a copy of our Organizational Chart available to all employees? We do it but I don't know why. Thanks.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#250471 - 09/29/04 06:41 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
This is news to me. I will be checking back to see what the answer is, but my first impression is that there is no federal requirement to provide an org chart.

Return to Top
#250472 - 09/29/04 07:32 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I'm in Texas, too. Do you think it may be a state requirement? I was told it was required by the FDIC, our regulator, and I sent an e-mail to my Field Office Supervisor. He said it is not required by them. Maybe, it was one of our external auditing firms. Hmmmm?
PS - It's great being able to access your regulator via e-mail for answers to your questions!! No muss. No fuss!

Return to Top
#250473 - 09/29/04 08:20 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Two things -
1) Do you think maybe it is a Safety & Soundness issue? Our SS examiners (FDIC) always ask for our org. chart, but it is not required to be posted to employees. They ask for the chain of command to determine that certain functions are independent of others.
2) Being able to email your regulator is truely a convenient access method. However, I would caution you as to how often you use this feature. I just had an exam and the lead examiner was discussing with me that he had a bank where the Compliance Officer emailed him constantly for advice. At first, he was not too concerned. But because the emails kept coming, he now has very little confidence in this person. He even went so far as to ask his supervisor to discuss the matter with the bank President to end the emails. I'm sure you are not doing this - but I thought the other readers might want to know that while it is nice to discuss some matters with your regulator, too much reliance on them minimizes their confidence in you.

Return to Top
#250474 - 09/29/04 09:51 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I have worked for two national banks and two state banks (Indiana) and I have never heard of this. We don't post ours so all employees see it. We have it for the examiners to see but it usually doesn't get below senior management.

Return to Top
#250475 - 09/29/04 10:00 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
There is no such requirement in federal banking law, to my knowledge. I have never seen an org chart posted anywhere, and I have worked for several banks, both federal and CA chartered.

Return to Top
#250476 - 09/30/04 02:30 AM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
There are no requirements to post your org chart. Have it available for review for the examiners is all you need.

Return to Top
#250477 - 09/30/04 06:57 PM Re: Organizational Chart must be posted where?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I heard back from the FDIC and they said it was not a requirement, but merely a "good practice for your employees to know the organizational chart and be aware of the lines of responsibilities at their place of work. However, if you remove the chart, we will not cite any type of violation." So, we'll probably continue to post it. I don't recall if there has ever been any grumbling or other inner turmoil caused by making it available for all the employees to see. Thanks for input.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry