Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#430259 - 09/28/05 03:10 PM SCRA
golffan Offline
I am having a debate with a lender regarding SCRA. We have several National guard members that have been called to work within Katrina relief efforts. It is my understanding that they would qualify for rate reductions if they notify us. Is this correct, the lender thinks they have to be overseas??? that is not my understanding..

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#430260 - 09/28/05 03:44 PM Re: SCRA
CalifDreamin Online
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Military Service for a member of the National Guard begins when the National Guard member receives a call to active service authorized by the President or the Secretary of Defense for a period of more than 30 consecutive days for purposes of responding to a national emergency declared by the President and supported by Federal funds. You are right that there is no requirement that the duty be served overseas.

If you are in California, the definition is expanded to include members of the National Guard that are called into state service by the Governor for a period in excess of seven days in any 14-day period.

Hope that helps!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#430261 - 09/29/05 03:50 PM Re: SCRA
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Active duty is active duty regardless where the duty station is.

Click here for a post from Andy and Mary Beth.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z