Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2109724 - 12/05/16 09:22 PM Ready Reserve
Banker57 Offline
Gold Star
Minnesota
Are demand deposit loans or ready reserve accounts covered by the MLA? I have found information stating that deposit advance loans- overdraft lines of credit BUT not traditional overdraft services are covered loans. Looking for clarification on what is defined as a traditional overdraft service.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2109755 - 12/06/16 12:25 AM Re: Ready Reserve Banker57
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Isn't a "ready reserve" account an overdraft line of credit?? Typically they are, but you can't tell by the name - although the service provider that offers what they call a "ready reserve" would be a line of credit.

What do you mean by demand deposit loans?? You need to explain the products as product names mean different things to different people.

Return to Top
#2109770 - 12/06/16 01:49 PM Re: Ready Reserve Banker57
Banker57 Offline
Gold Star
Minnesota
I apologize for not being clear. A "ready reserve and demand depoit loans" (for us) are small $ lines of credit that automatically sweep to the DDA account if there is an over draft. I am guessing that these are covered by the rule. I am also going to guess that the "traditional overdraft services" would be the limit we allow for the Reg E Opt-In.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z