Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1020459 - 08/14/08 07:05 PM SIGN AT DEVELOPMENT SITE
Kristi Offline
Kristi
If a bank puts a sign, for example, at the entrance of a subdivision that says "Financing provided by ABC Bank" with the loan officers name and phone number under it, is it required to have the Fair Housing logo on the sign? What I find in the regulation is that the logo is required for residential real estate. If the sign is required, can anyone help me locate which part of the regulation would support that?
Thanks!!

Return to Top
Marketing
#1020486 - 08/14/08 07:18 PM Re: SIGN AT DEVELOPMENT SITE Kristi
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are FDIC regulated:

Sec. 338.3 Nondiscriminatory advertising.

(a) Any bank which directly or through third parties engages in any form of advertising of any loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling or any loan secured by a dwelling shall prominently indicate in such advertisement, in a manner appropriate to the advertising medium and format utilized, that the bank makes such loans without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, or familial status.

Return to Top
#1020555 - 08/14/08 07:51 PM Re: SIGN AT DEVELOPMENT SITE rlcarey
Kristi Offline
Kristi
What if we are not advertising a loan product but are just saying that we provided the financing for that particular development (which is probably secured by only the lots)?

Return to Top
#1020565 - 08/14/08 07:55 PM Re: SIGN AT DEVELOPMENT SITE Kristi
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1) What would it hurt to have the logo a standard part of any "financed by" sign?

2) If it is not advertising - why the sign in the first place with contact information?

3) What is the chance that your regulator is going to drive by this sign during an examination???

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker