Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2202658 - 01/10/19 09:02 PM Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA?
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hello Everyone,

We broker all our mortgage applications out to a large national mortgage lender (we dont do traditional financing in house)

Our Marketing department would like to mention them in our ads - does anyone see this as a section 8 issue?

We are in a contractual agreement to provide referrals (applications) on a fee basis, would adding there name and/or logo to a flyer create any potential RESPA section 8 issues?

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to Top
Marketing
#2202684 - 01/10/19 10:37 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
BUmp

Return to Top
#2202713 - 01/11/19 03:28 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
To mention them, you would need their permission. I would start there.

Return to Top
#2202737 - 01/11/19 04:48 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Already have received it and had discussions with them. They seem to be ok with it, just double checking for potential section 8 issues.

Any concerns Randy? (and thank you by the way)

Return to Top
#2202754 - 01/11/19 05:13 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't have that many concerns - except I surely hope you did not mean this literally: We are in a contractual agreement to provide referrals (applications) on a fee basis,

Return to Top
#2202786 - 01/11/19 08:42 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Not literally.. poorly typed. We accept the applications and send them to the lender for decision, disclosure, etc.

Return to Top
#2202818 - 01/12/19 04:44 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
And you do at least five or more compensable services in additional to sending the application to the lender and the fee is reasonable, I assume?

Return to Top
#2202962 - 01/14/19 10:38 PM Re: Joint marketing in broker relationship -RESPA? JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Correct!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker