Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2224724 - 10/29/19 08:26 PM Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging
2old2care Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
We will be asking employees to decorate wooden trees for Christmas. It was suggested to have a contest in the lobby of the branches to see which of the decorated trees receives the highest number of customer votes as best is show. The votes would be paper ballots that can be filled out by customers. They would just put a check mark next to their favorite tree. We would also have a box/bucket for donations in the branch lobby benefiting a local Veteran's Relief Fund.

Are there any restrictions to this?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2224743 - 10/30/19 11:17 AM Re: Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging 2old2care
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Will there be a prize for the contest? If so, you could have both restrictions by both your state and your Federal regulator.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2224750 - 10/30/19 12:09 PM Re: Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging 2old2care
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What State or Federal regulation would apply, as I assume any prize would be awarded to the bank employee that decorated the tree?

If something was being awarded to one or more of the voters, then yes.

Return to Top
#2224756 - 10/30/19 01:07 PM Re: Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging 2old2care
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Ah, I missed that only employees would be decorating trees, so I was thinking that customers would be doing that as well.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2224830 - 10/30/19 09:27 PM Re: Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging 2old2care
2old2care Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
The customers would only be voting for the best employee decorated tree. The donation can would be placed in the lobby to collect for the local Veteran's group. And yes, the collection can would be emptied daily and funds deposited accordingly.

Side note: I remember back in the day we would have big cardboard displays on the teller line and customers could push quarters into the display for the sponsoring charity. Kind of like the little books kids would get to put dimes in to buy savings bonds. Times have changed.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Return to Top
#2225477 - 11/12/19 08:59 PM Re: Employee Tree Decorating with Customers Judging 2old2care
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Times and the value of a quarter.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker