Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2237884 - 06/10/20 09:51 PM Radio Promo FDIC Insured Required?
LostinRegLand Offline
100 Club
WA
We are sponsoring a 2020 class recognition along with a local radio station. The radio station created a promo that runs 53 seconds congratulating local seniors and asking for friends and family to submit congratulation messages to air online. As we are co-sponsoring this we are mentioned three times in the promo. The FDIC insured is not said in connection with our bank name.

Is the FDIC insured required to be mentioned as this ad is more than 30 seconds even though it was not created by us and is not our ad?

I feel yes but before I let our marketing people know I want to hear what others have to say.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2237908 - 06/11/20 02:04 PM Re: Radio Promo FDIC Insured Required? LostinRegLand
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
§328.3(d) states the following types of ads do no t need to state "Member FDIC":
(7) Joint or group advertisements of depository institution services where the names of insured depository institutions and noninsured institutions are listed and form a part of such advertisements;

I think you can rely upon this to not state "Member FDIC."

Return to Top
#2237927 - 06/11/20 03:23 PM Re: Radio Promo FDIC Insured Required? LostinRegLand
LostinRegLand Offline
100 Club
WA
Thank you David. I looked right over that yesterday when rereading the rule.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker