Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#89306 - 06/18/03 02:07 PM Class Reunion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help!! They put me in charge........
I was wondering what some of you have done for activites/events etc... for class reunions? How did you include spouses of classmates? Any info would be appreciated......

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#89307 - 06/18/03 03:00 PM Re: Class Reunion
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
A Google search on "planning class reunion" will yield many hits.

Include spouses in all activities, include the entire family in at least one. Many spouses will be from the same or almost the same year and will know and contribute to the festivities.

In ours, there was a get together Friday night, socially and casual. Saturday day was a family picnic and Saturday night was a more formal gathering, dinner/dance.

Good music is a must as are a few old yearbooks and perhaps a teacher or three from the era who can reminisce with you.

Sadly there is often a table with photos of those who have passed.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#89308 - 06/18/03 03:11 PM Re: Class Reunion
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I am not much of a drinker, but don't forget the alcohol.

Return to Top
#89309 - 06/18/03 04:11 PM Re: Class Reunion
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
We also set up a website for our high school which has class directories for each year, pictures of past reunions, yearbook pictures, pictures of those passed away, a forum to talk about the past memories (the 60's) and a radio station link that plays the music of our generation at that time.

Return to Top
#89310 - 06/18/03 04:53 PM Re: Class Reunion
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
We held our 30th last year (impossible). One thing that we did that we really neat, took classmates pictures from annual and then current pictures of them with their family, signifcant other, cat, dog (etc) and had them put in a video format called "Then and Now". Even a lot of the folks that didn't attend sent us a current picture to use. We are also fortunate enough to have an "Elvis" impersonator in our classs and he provided a free performance.

Return to Top