Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#130124 - 11/11/03 04:17 PM Gifts for Girls
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
I have three nieces, 13 and two 7 years olds. I am trying to get together my X-mas list, but have NO idea what is "cool" these days for kids these ages. Anybody got any ideas?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#130125 - 11/11/03 04:27 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, my 2 cents are: For the 13 yr old, go with clothes - without knowing the dollars to be spent, I would say go with accessory type stuff - cool hats, scarfs, bags. For the seven year olds, assuming they are in the DVD age, you can never go wrong with DVD movies they can own and watch over & over.

Return to Top
#130126 - 11/11/03 05:29 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
Good job Dave! A gift cards / certificates are an easy out way to go. A clothing store for the 13 year old and a more general store for the 7 year old. Sometimes the fun it in the "hunt". Especially for the older girl.

Return to Top
#130127 - 11/11/03 05:41 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
You are dead on the money, Dave and Omega. Tessa Beth has asked for clothes for the last couple of years, so we give her a computer generated gift certificate good for a set amount. Then we plan an "after Christmas" shopping trip and I spring for lunch. We always have a great time. If time allows, I would urge you to take them shopping with you. They appreciate your time as much as the gift.
p.s. T.B. has asked for a SKATEBOARD this year!!! My cousin, who is a teaching assistant at Midwestern State in W.F., and a die-hard skater, is building her a board. We will still do a little shopping, just minus the cost of the board.

Return to Top
#130128 - 11/11/03 07:43 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
These sound great... The two 7 year olds are step sisters... so everything has to be equal, and god forbid you get one something the other likes better... They're sweeties, but holiday time is a tough one

Return to Top
#130129 - 11/12/03 03:54 AM Re: Gifts for Girls
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
During an apparent lapse of sanity this morning, I bought my girls (ages 6,7, and 8) a karaoke machine. But I don't necessisarily recommend doing the same.

Honestly, I'm not sure what advice I can give, but I have found that all of my girls have developed a strong interest in pop music, and that has made buying a little easier for us this year. Of course, it makes buying harder at the same time, because we are mindful of the content of the songs. Other than that, I think the above suggestions are great also.

Return to Top
#130130 - 11/12/03 01:17 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My 12 year old daughter is very much into computer games and CDs. That was pretty much all she put on her Christmas Wish list other than Jewelry.

My 6 - almost 7 year old- is still into the Doll routine and wants an easy bake oven (remember those?). There are some excellent Leapfrog learning games she will be getting too.

JacFSB, did you buy earplugs to go with that karaoke machine? You were suffering from insanity!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#130131 - 11/12/03 01:23 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I loved my Easy Bake Oven. I think that's why I still love to bake. When my niece turns 6 that's what I'm getting her. I've already told her mother - who is an excellent cook!

Return to Top
#130132 - 11/12/03 02:07 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I cannot wait for the Roly Poly Bug to be old enough for an Easy Bake oven. Heck *I* want one!

Return to Top
#130133 - 11/12/03 02:34 PM Re: Gifts for Girls
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
on the karaoke machine...i think it's a GREAT idea... i mean hours and hours of fun for my sister! paybacks are h&ll some how i think our mom will stop me though...
you know i never had an easy bake oven, and i think i was deprived!

Return to Top