Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#353481 - 04/29/05 06:13 PM Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, just drove past a billboard in LA - a Spanish TV station has the following words on it's billboard(parapharsing it):

Now servering you in Los Angeles, Mexico (Mexico is written over Califonia that was crossed out).

So, the taking back of our land that was stolen from us has begun - that's good stuff.

I am glad the TV station has the gall to state it the way it is.

Viva Larasa!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#353482 - 04/29/05 06:16 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
That's funny! Sounds like something you would see here. Anyone seen that movie "A day without the Mexicans?" Or something like that? It was interesting...

Return to Top
#353483 - 04/29/05 06:17 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#353484 - 04/29/05 06:21 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Wish I was there!

Return to Top
#353485 - 04/29/05 06:28 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well better learn our language, becuase South of Fresno, Mexico no one likes to speak your language.

Return to Top
#353486 - 04/29/05 06:29 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Bring on the Immigration reform - now. And more Minutemen, please.

Return to Top
#353487 - 04/29/05 06:31 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Like it or not, it is the USA. If you can't speak English, go home! I don't care who you are....

Return to Top
#353488 - 04/29/05 06:46 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, like it or not, the USA is a melting pot with different cultures and languages. You can choose to accept that or not, but that's how it is. Native Americans were Indians ... remember?? Their first language was not English.

Return to Top
#353489 - 04/29/05 07:07 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
mountainmannj Offline
100 Club
NJ
The Offical Language of
El Cenizo, Texas USA is ........... Spanish
West Virgina, USA is .............. English

Return to Top
#353490 - 04/29/05 07:21 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let's have a history refresher...when the West was being settled, White folks were immigrants setting up shop in Indian and Spanish areas. Before the Spanish folks realized what was going on, there were so many of the white folks that they overran the place. Fast forward to 2050…and bingo! California will have so many people from Mexico that the US/Mexico boarder will move to Oregon. History repeats itself…If you don’t believe it just ask the Iranians who weren’t even Muslims to start with a few hundred years ago. Now, it’s one of the most radical Islamic countries in the world.

Just go visit the Alamo..9 out of the 10 newspapers sold outside the historic site were in Spanish...

Return to Top
#353491 - 04/29/05 07:30 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Well, like it or not, the USA is a melting pot with different cultures and languages. You can choose to accept that or not, but that's how it is. Native Americans were Indians ... remember??

Uh no, they weren't. Indians live in India, on the other side of the world. They were mistakenly called Indians because Columbus got lost.

Return to Top
#353492 - 04/29/05 07:34 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Well, like it or not, the USA is a melting pot with different cultures and languages. You can choose to accept that or not, but that's how it is. Native Americans were Indians ... remember??

Uh no, they weren't. Indians live in India, on the other side of the world. They were mistakenly called Indians because Columbus got lost.

Hello???? Is anyone home??? Indians as in "Cowboys and Indians", not India Indians.

Return to Top
#353493 - 04/29/05 07:36 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
If you want to play that game, there are no "Native Americans" as "Native Americans" migrated over the land bridge between North America and Asia.

Return to Top
#353494 - 04/29/05 08:43 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Quote:

Well better learn our language, becuase South of Fresno, Mexico no one likes to speak your language.

Actually, I grew up south of Fresno, Mexico. I also lived in Fresno. If you want to draw the English/Spanish line accurately, you may want to think of a location much farther north.

Return to Top
#353495 - 04/29/05 09:03 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
If the border issue upsets you, sign a petition here:

http://www.billoreilly.com/pg/jsp/general/genericpageblue.jsp?pageID=484

Return to Top
#353496 - 04/29/05 09:33 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, I grew up south of Fresno, Mexico. I also lived in Fresno. If you want to draw the English/Spanish line accurately, you may want to think of a location much farther north.

True...how about everything south of Rio Linda, Sacramento!

Return to Top
#353497 - 04/29/05 09:36 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If the border issue upsets you, sign a petition here:

http://www.billoreilly.com/pg/jsp/general/genericpageblue.jsp?pageID=484

and then what, you expect the govt. (any govt. rep or dem) to do anything about it. we need the slave labor for mexico - who says slavery is over...we have to keep the flow of mexican slaves going to fill the pockets of big corporations....the slaves are happy to be here, the corporations are happy...so what the problem...

Return to Top
#353498 - 04/29/05 10:35 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
"Well, like it or not, the USA is a melting pot with different cultures and languages. You can choose to accept that or not, but that's how it is."

It was a melting pot of CONTROLLED and LEGAL entry to the US. It was not a gang coming to steal what others created.
ILLEGAL Aliens have caused a huge increase in identity theft, fraud on dozens of fronts, and Mexican Gangs who are reportedly alineing themselves with Al-Qaida (25% to 30% of the prision population in the US are ILLEGAL ALIENS)

The IRS reports that a tax gap which goes unpaid by the illegal work force is estimated at $311 billion in any given year.

Bear Sterns estimates that each household headed by an illegal alien costs the tax payer in social security services and infrastructure approx $2,700 more than what the illegal might pay in taxes. Multiply that by the 15 to 20 million illegals already here and it amounts to $20 Billion per year

A breakdown of some of the costs are Medicaid $2.5 Billion for treatment of the uninsured. $2.2 Billion in in food stamp program, Free school lunches $1.9 Billion, $1.6 Billion in federal prison and court costs. $1.4 Billion in aid to schools. Now add several Billion more to what Calif is paying out and you can say ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT A SOURCE OF CHEAP LABOR.

Is it so difficult to understand ILLEGAL. Have you ever thought how California would be in a few years if there was a Mexican take over. Its one thing for people to assimulate into a society and become a productive citizen. Its another entirely to ignore the culture of the country demand free services from it, and set up your own country inside its borders.

Return to Top
#353499 - 04/29/05 10:59 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a legal immigrant. My daughter wants to attend the UC system and is required to pay $25k pa...on the other hand, her friend, who is an illegal immigrant, gets a $17k grant from the state of California...is there something wrong with this picture..or am I nuts?

Return to Top
#353500 - 04/30/05 01:14 AM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I am a first generation American and very proud. My father spoke only French and was native Canadian (Indian). My mother was Canadian (English). My paternal grandmother told her 12 children who spoke only French that they could never speak French in America when they married English speaking spouses. I think it's ridiculous for Spanish speaking to expect Americans to speak their language. Remember the Louisana purchase? If memory serves me right, the French owned a whole heck of alot of American land, perhaps more than the Spanish. When my son was about 2, I lived in a huge Arabic area and my next door neighbor said that it was too bad my kid couldn't speak Arabic since he wouldn't have anyone to play with. I thought "how arrogant, you live in America, why should my son speak your language?" My dad had to learn English as a teenager (back in the 1920"s) so why aren't people today learning the language (and he had no English as a second language). My father went on to become a well known (in his circle) French Chef (no he's not like today's celebrity Chef's, but was very well known to his field). And he never spoke French infront of my mother. That would have been unrespectable. Even him and I rarely spoke French (and when we did we argued!) I think it's time this Country adopted English as it's official language and to decide how it's going to treat it's citizens as opposed to the illegal immigrants.

Return to Top
#353501 - 05/02/05 01:41 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

"Well, like it or not, the USA is a melting pot with different cultures and languages. You can choose to accept that or not, but that's how it is."

It was a melting pot of CONTROLLED and LEGAL entry to the US. It was not a gang coming to steal what others created.
ILLEGAL Aliens have caused a huge increase in identity theft, fraud on dozens of fronts, and Mexican Gangs who are reportedly alineing themselves with Al-Qaida (25% to 30% of the prision population in the US are ILLEGAL ALIENS)

The IRS reports that a tax gap which goes unpaid by the illegal work force is estimated at $311 billion in any given year.

Bear Sterns estimates that each household headed by an illegal alien costs the tax payer in social security services and infrastructure approx $2,700 more than what the illegal might pay in taxes. Multiply that by the 15 to 20 million illegals already here and it amounts to $20 Billion per year

A breakdown of some of the costs are Medicaid $2.5 Billion for treatment of the uninsured. $2.2 Billion in in food stamp program, Free school lunches $1.9 Billion, $1.6 Billion in federal prison and court costs. $1.4 Billion in aid to schools. Now add several Billion more to what Calif is paying out and you can say ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT A SOURCE OF CHEAP LABOR.

Is it so difficult to understand ILLEGAL. Have you ever thought how California would be in a few years if there was a Mexican take over. Its one thing for people to assimulate into a society and become a productive citizen. Its another entirely to ignore the culture of the country demand free services from it, and set up your own country inside its borders.

Don and Tadah, great posts.

Is it true that Clinton eliminated English as the USA's "official language"? Or is this an urban legend?

Return to Top
#353502 - 05/02/05 02:02 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I like GWB as much as any other Republican, but I think he is definitely dropping the ball on this top.

Hence:

The Florida Bankers Association will participate in a Rose Garden Ceremony with President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush on Monday, May 2.

Approximately 100 Americans have been invited to this event as part of Preserve America, a White House initiative designed to assist communities in preserving their cultural and natural resources.

What is the point of this Rose Garden Event? Is this a melting pot exercise or a cultural separatist exercise?

Return to Top
#353503 - 05/02/05 05:25 PM Re: Los Angeles, Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Is it true that Clinton eliminated English as the USA's "official language"? Or is this an urban legend?

That's an urban legend. The US has never had an official language, although there have been several attempts to get a Constitutional amendment passed to make English the official language.

Return to Top