Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#352816 - 04/28/05 05:00 PM I got my tickets!!
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Woo hoo!!! I just got my tickets for opening day of Star Wars III...I cannot wait!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#352817 - 04/28/05 05:01 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
Star Wars? .. Episode III? .. LUCKY!

Return to Top
#352818 - 04/28/05 05:01 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Let the nerdfest begin!

Return to Top
#352819 - 04/28/05 05:04 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
I hope it's better than the last one... what they did with Boba Fett still hurts my heart.

Return to Top
#352820 - 04/28/05 05:07 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Blue - where's your pic?

Return to Top
#352821 - 04/28/05 05:15 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Quote:

Let the nerdfest begin!

You better believe it! On the outside, I am calm, cool, and collected banker. I live a normal life, wear normal clothes and speak about normal things...

But inside I am the BIGGEST Star Wars fan/nerd! I cried when my tickets arrived and my heart started beating when I heard a really cool audio trailer for III on the radio this morning...I am so excited!!

Return to Top
#352822 - 04/28/05 07:30 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

You better believe it! On the outside, I am calm, cool, and collected banker. I live a normal life, wear normal clothes and speak about normal things...

But inside I am the BIGGEST Star Wars fan/nerd! I cried when my tickets arrived and my heart started beating when I heard a really cool audio trailer for III on the radio this morning...I am so excited!!

Adventure? Excitement? A jedi craves not these things.

Return to Top
#352823 - 04/28/05 07:38 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Let the nerdfest begin!

Where is my invite?

Return to Top
#352824 - 04/28/05 07:44 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
You know, I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, ever.

They came out just as I was becoming involved with girls, motorcycles and cars on a full time basis, lol.

Let the astonishment and verbal barrage of insults begin! <sneaks off the bar>

Return to Top
#352825 - 04/28/05 07:44 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
May the Force be with you! I am getting mine also for opening day. I went to all 3 opening days for LOTR and there is nothing like going on opening day. True fans, er nerds, on opening day. Can't wait!!

Return to Top
#352826 - 04/28/05 09:05 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You know, I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, ever.

Shocking. Just shocking. Whenever I see hear the 20th Century Fox opening and then words "Star Wars" explode onto the screen I am transformed to the 8 year old that saw the original a long time ago...in a galaxy - well the same galaxy I saw it in originally...bbut you get the idea.

Return to Top
#352827 - 04/28/05 09:41 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
My hubby is SO excited. He keeps telling me it is almost (whatever date the movie opens) and I just give him the puzzled look. I guess I should implant it in my brain. We still have all of his star wars toys that he had as a kid. Now our girls are starting to play with them.

Return to Top
#352828 - 04/28/05 09:43 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

Blue - where's your pic?

OMG I don't know! Please oh please powers that be, help me out!

Return to Top
#352829 - 04/29/05 12:05 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep joking that after May 19th I can die happy...

I was eating my frosted flakes for breakfast this morning, and I got my lightsaber spoon!! WhooHoo! It's red, so I am ready for Revenge of the Sith!!!

Yes - I'm a star wars geek...Oh well. There are worse things.

Return to Top
#352830 - 04/29/05 12:29 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I have never seen a Star Wars movie, either. Not my type of flick. Too noisy.

Return to Top
#352831 - 04/29/05 01:35 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I have taken my cousin Dustin to see the movies since they started. I am older than he is, and, standing in line for the first movie, he was just a little boy. The line wrapped the theatre 3 times! Wow, there's a memory I had surpressed. (I swear he still has every Star Wars figure ever made. I don't have a single picture of him as a little boy where he didn't have at least one in his hands!) We have continued to see the movies together, on opening day if possible, through the years. He camped out at the mall in WF to get tickets for us the last 2 times, and I drove almost 5 hours to go with him. He will be graduating with his Masters degree on the 14th, and yes, we will be seeing the movie together once again. Some traditions are just too important to stop.

Return to Top
#352832 - 04/29/05 03:34 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
kfridge Offline
100 Club
Yeah, but did you get your Mardi Gras tickets yet? If not, let me know. They're selling out fast!

Return to Top
#352833 - 05/02/05 12:30 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my Episode III tickets Saturday night!!! I'm going to the midnight show on the morning of the 19th!!!

Return to Top
#352834 - 05/02/05 12:45 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
I got mine! But not for midnight; 10 yr old has school the next day. Husband even wants to go and he is no Star Wars fan. I think he just felt left out of our excitement. He was doing a crossword in the paper on our way to the theater and one of the clues was "Jedi". He spelled it "Jeti". Proves my point he is no fan.

Return to Top
#352835 - 05/02/05 01:00 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess I'm as hard core of a fan as I can be without dressing up for the movies. I went to the midnight show of Episode I - and I had a law school final the next day!

I went to an opening day show for Attack of the Clones, but didn't make the midnight show.

I don't remember being in such a frenzy for opening day tickets to movies, but I saw Star Wars the week it came out, and spent my allowance almost every week for a year seeing it again and again. I was eight and it was awesome! What else can I say?

I was grounded when Empire came out so I didn't see it for almost two weeks after it came out. I remember all the speculation about who the "other" possible jedi was. I remember our debates at sleepovers (I was 11). My friends and I all thought Han was the "other" because he used Luke's lightsaber to cut open the Tauntaun on Hoth. Leia never came to mind back then...

I saw Return of the Jedi the Friday after it opened. I thought it was awesome but at age 13 or 14, the Ewoks grated on me a bit. Oh well - the rest was incredible and I could dream about being an X-Wing pilot again! At least until high school started...

It's funny, it's been 28 years between the first Star Wars film and the last...and I still feel exactly the same about them!

Return to Top
#352836 - 05/02/05 11:50 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, have to post anon. My bank is renting out a local huge metropolitan theater this month to watch this movie. They are using it as a fund raiser for the United Way/Black United Way. Tickets are, I think, $16.00. Looks like it is going to be a sell out. I'm just no longer interested in this series. I like when Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher were in it. Now that dates me!

Return to Top
#352837 - 05/03/05 01:52 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds like a great fund raiser!! Black United Way?? Oooo I feel a rant coming on! Stay tuned for a new thread.

Return to Top
#352838 - 05/03/05 02:04 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I love those movies- but I won't rush to see it- my daughter and I will go to it when it dies down a bit-
I've seen some previews - it looks great.

Return to Top
#352839 - 05/03/05 02:05 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

Oh well - the rest was incredible and I could dream about being an X-Wing pilot again!

Make your dream come true...

Return to Top
#352840 - 05/03/05 02:47 PM Re: I got my tickets!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That may be the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!! If only I was a millionaire! I'm definitely eccentric enough to buy it!

Return to Top