Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#377834 - 06/27/05 07:46 PM Taste of Chicago
Bankster Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
I am going to Chicago this weekend to eat everything. Has anyone been there for the Taste? What is it like?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#377835 - 06/27/05 08:01 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Been there a few times, but not for at least 10 years. From what I remember, bring lots of $$ - there is so much good food to choose from, and parking is not cheap. But it is worth it.

Enjoy!

Return to Top
#377836 - 06/27/05 09:23 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
We live in the western suburbs and have gone only once. It's a mass of people, but you may like that; I think it's expensive, but you may not mind that to try it at least once; right now it's hot, hot, hot in Chicago, but you may be use to that. I'm glad we tried it but I don't think we would go again. Only crowds my husband likes are at baseball or football games

Return to Top
#377837 - 06/27/05 10:56 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
-5K-, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
-5K-, CRCM
I use to live in Northwestern Indiana so we would go over to the Taste every summer. I loved it. LOTS of good food. Be sure to wear a hat and plenty of sunscreen and drink lots of water.

Return to Top
#377838 - 06/28/05 02:30 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I'm going on Sunday for the fireworks. I go usually every year. I always have to find something strange to eat (I've tried the crocodile on a stick, and the turtle soup). The taste portions are usually the best bet, since the normal sized portions are huge!

Return to Top
#377839 - 06/28/05 02:49 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
*sniff* I miss Taste of Chicago! Used to go every year and pig out when I was a youngun. Taste of Cincinnati is fun and all, but Chicago just has SOOOOOOOOO much more!

Return to Top
#377840 - 06/28/05 03:54 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Haven't been to the Taste in a few years, but I doubt it has changed. Lots of people, HOT temperatures and great food. We always had a great time though and spent A LOT of money. If we got too hot, we just walked down to the lake.

Have fun and enjoy!

Return to Top
#377841 - 06/28/05 09:43 PM Re: Taste of Chicago
Bankster Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
Thanks for your comments! I have made a reservation at the Hard Rock Hotel. I know this is new, so does anyone know anything about it? Is this a good location? I haven't been to Chicago in 5 years and I stayed at the Lennox, which was okay, but the location was decent.

Return to Top