Thread Options
#410475 - 08/18/05 09:58 PM You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Move America Forward's "You Don't Speak For Me, Cindy!" Caravan
MoveAmericaForward.org
Supporters of U.S. Troops and their Mission in Iraq Plan Caravans to Texas.
Move America Forward will be conducting the “You Don’t Speak for Me, Cindy” caravan beginning next week. It will feature military family members who have loved ones serving in the war against terrorism in Iraq or Afghanistan. The delegation will be led by Deborah Johns of Marine Moms. (Her son has served in Operation Iraqi Freedom).

Main caravan leaves from San Francisco, California on Monday, August 22nd. Other caravans will depart from around the country. If you want to be part of a caravan, email us with your name and location you will depart from and we will include in our caravan coverage so people in your area can depart with you.

Everyone arrives in Crawford, Texas for a giant “We Support Our Troops AND Their Mission” Rally on Saturday, August 27, 2005.

If you have a loved one serving in Iraq or Afghanistan and would like to join the caravan please contact Move America Forward’s Robert Dixon: Robert@MoveAmericaForward.org

This message brought to you by http://TroopsSupport.com

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#410476 - 08/18/05 11:34 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dont think cindy is speaking for me...she does what she thinks she has to for her son, has nothing to do with me!

Return to Top
#410477 - 08/19/05 12:56 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I agree with anon. I think she speaks for herself. I don't know why this group has to "sour grapes" their way through some contrarian political statement. Why do they have to make an example of her? Why can't it just be limited to “We Support Our Troops AND Their Mission”? Be the bigger man, so to speak, and you won't lend credence to her position. Instead, these people are forcing others to decide and, inevitably, her position becomes more persuasive to some because it is polarizing and many will find her plight MORE compelling.

Return to Top
#410478 - 08/19/05 01:20 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
This group isn't about "sour grapes", they are about countering the groups that are using this woman as a political point and trying to make it seem as if the majority of Americans do not support our troops or their mission. The media wants it to seem that way too, and these folks are trying to get the facts out that there is plenty of respect and support for the troops and the mission.

Return to Top
#410479 - 08/19/05 01:36 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
It'd be funny if they ended up going at it like in West Side Story. ((snaps fingers and taps foot)) I'd probably watch the coverage of it then and maybe even give a damn about the whole thing.

Return to Top
#410480 - 08/19/05 01:38 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Fair enough BF. Like I have said before I really don't follow this whole fiasco. I change my stance a bit; if there are groups rallying around her, by all means, don't let her position get too much momentum because pulling out of Iraq will do more harm than good. I still have a problem with polarizing people in general but I guess that is what this whole thing is about. I just wish the majority of our society could ignore her already.

Return to Top
#410481 - 08/19/05 04:14 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
It is the media that is driving this story. If they don't cover her, the story goes away. The media loves grieving moms and this summer has 2 big ones. Aruba mom and Iraq mom.

Return to Top
#410482 - 08/19/05 05:05 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
On Rush today:

Did you see/hear this? a mother and sister of a fallen soldier who were there trying to remove the cross with their son's/brother's name on it. They didn't want that cross to be a part of Cindy's protest of the war and other rants. The caller said that Cindy's group surrounded the mother and daughter/sister and had the sister in tears because of their "baby killer" chants against her brother.

GET ANGRY ... STAY ANGRY

Return to Top
#410483 - 08/19/05 05:12 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
TootsieRoll Offline
New Poster
Indiana
Just think, if it weren't for our Troops and for the decisions our leaders make ( unwanted and unpopular they may be sometimes) we wouldn't have the ability to sit hear and express our opinions.
Hmmm. Food for thought?

Return to Top
#410484 - 08/19/05 05:14 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
TootsieRoll Offline
New Poster
Indiana
Oh, forgot to say: I totally dislike the media and the frenzy they constantly cause.
(my Mama told me it wasn't polite to say hate)

Return to Top
#410485 - 08/19/05 06:55 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

On Rush today:

Did you see/hear this? a mother and sister of a fallen soldier who were there trying to remove the cross with their son's/brother's name on it. They didn't want that cross to be a part of Cindy's protest of the war and other rants. The caller said that Cindy's group surrounded the mother and daughter/sister and had the sister in tears because of their "baby killer" chants against her brother.

GET ANGRY ... STAY ANGRY

His extremist politics aside, which suck of course, this guy dissed my boy McNabb. He gets no love.

Return to Top
#410486 - 08/19/05 08:05 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Anonymous
Unregistered

So didn't T.O.

Return to Top
#410487 - 08/19/05 08:32 PM Re: You Don't Speak for Me Cindy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Lot's of gray area there. I am an Eagles fanfirst and foremost. I think McNabb is a cool guy. TO is an a$$. But if they can coexist and take us to the promise land I can live with him. Rush has nothing going for him in my book.

Return to Top