Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#476822 - 12/29/05 10:01 PM Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Twas the night before Tookie's execution ...

Twas the night before Christmas and all through San Quentin,

The Crips were protesting, and liberals were ventin'.

The cyanide hung by the chamber with care,

In hopes that the reaper soon would be there.

The inmates were nestled all snug in their beds

Except for Old Tookie, who soon would be dead.

And me with my beer mug, dressed warm in my flannel,

Had curled up to watch it, on the Fox News Channel.

I set my VCR to record the news station,

And thoroughly loved the momentous occasion.

It seemed lady justice had gotten her way,

And that there would be one less savage today.

When outside the jail there arose such a clatter,

The cameras had turned to see what was the matter.

When what to my civilized eyes did appear,

But a lineup of actors, all liberal, half queer.

The misguided freaks drew some curious looks,

As they proclaimed his innocence; clutching his books.

The tears then flew out from Sarandon's eyes,

As she nominated him again for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The actors were tethered to an ACLU sleigh,

All towing the line of the urban decay.

On Asner, on Penn, on liberal cop-haters,

On Sharpton, on Jesse and other race-baiters.

Then at 12:01 all curled up like a beetle,

Tookie cried like a bitch as they gave him the needle.

When up from the actors there arose such a cry,

They had failed in their mission, and Tookie DID DIE !!

I heard Bill O'Reilly say, as I turned out my light,

Merry Christmas to all ... there was justice tonight !!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#476823 - 12/29/05 11:29 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Raymond Offline
Platinum Poster
Raymond
The Land of OZ
Clever? Yes. Funny? No.

Making light of his death is just as bad as him reveling when he killed his victims. Please delete it.

Return to Top
#476824 - 12/30/05 12:22 AM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

This poem was posted before. Please keep it up. It just proves my point that some DP supporters are bloodthirsty, revenge-killing supporting savages.

Return to Top
#476825 - 12/30/05 08:43 AM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
That Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
That Guy
It's always fun to make light of killing someone, regardless of why. That stupid bitch, They should have fried the SOB green mile dry sponge style right!!!!

Return to Top
#476826 - 12/30/05 01:37 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Extremely bad taste. I thought you conservatives keep screaming about life being precious?

Return to Top
#476827 - 12/30/05 01:51 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Give me a break.
Not the kindest thread around...but any idea how many people are dead because of this guy?
Geez.
Go pick on a Christian.

Return to Top
#476828 - 12/30/05 01:55 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Give me a break.
Not the kindest thread around...but any idea how many people are dead because of this guy?
Geez.
Go pick on a Christian.

Translation: I have bloodlust for revenge. I can justify killing other human beings.

What does the "go pick on a Christian" declaration mean?

Return to Top
#476829 - 12/30/05 02:31 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
No need for me to respond, right?

I mean, you'll just translate it any way you want.

Happy New Year, just the same.

Return to Top
#476830 - 12/30/05 02:31 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Give me a break.
Geez.
Go pick on a Christian.

The "oh the Christians are so abused" lament is getting pretty old.

Return to Top
#476831 - 12/30/05 02:34 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
You are so right.
No need to tolerate them.

Return to Top
#476832 - 12/30/05 02:36 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

No need for me to respond, right?

I mean, you'll just translate it any way you want.

Happy New Year, just the same.

I was being flip because you were justifying revenge killing. That's all I was doing in my 'translation'.

I was curious what the christian comment meant.

Return to Top
#476833 - 12/30/05 02:39 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

You are so right.
No need to tolerate them.

If you have something to say then spit it out The little cryptic messages are a real pain in the rump.

Return to Top
#476834 - 12/30/05 02:56 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see that as revenge.
Revenge would be, in my opinion, handing him over at the time of the crime to the families.
It is long overdue justice.

A shame, but justice.

Peace. Out.

Return to Top
#476835 - 12/30/05 02:57 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Revenge would be, in my opinion, handing him over at the time of the crime to the families.

A shame, but justice.

Peace. Out.

I think reveling in the man's death (in anyone's death) has very little to do with justice.

Return to Top
#476836 - 12/30/05 03:02 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
The bottom line is the world is a better place without Tookie. I don't care how many children's books or nobel peace prizes he was nominated for, the world is a better place.

Return to Top
#476837 - 12/30/05 03:07 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
In your opinion.

Return to Top
#476838 - 12/30/05 03:08 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Second that opinion.

Return to Top
#476839 - 12/30/05 03:11 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The bottom line is the world is a better place without Tookie. I don't care how many children's books or nobel peace prizes he was nominated for, the world is a better place.

How is it a better place? There is an additional dead person. I would agree with you if his death serves as a deterrent for violent crimes, but I believe you have an uphill battle on your hands.

Return to Top
#476840 - 12/30/05 03:16 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

A shame, but justice.

Peace. Out.

Justice in the form of state-run execution is barbaric. In my opinion. Justice to me is him having forfeited his right to be in society.

I struggle to see the distinction of the families killing Tookie or the state doing so on their behalf. Perhaps if the families COULD do this there may be justice for them but our system has the state doing this. And by involving the state, we are involving our collective sentiment that we wish to have revenge for what Tookie did to have justice.

Return to Top
#476841 - 12/30/05 03:21 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

How is it a better place? There is an additional dead person. I would agree with you if his death serves as a deterrent for violent crimes, but I believe you have an uphill battle on your hands.

I think the world would be a better place if we had a mechanism that kept young men from turning to violence.

Return to Top
#476842 - 12/30/05 03:24 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think the world would be a better place if we had a mechanism that kept young men from turning to violence.

I think we could struggle to find anybody to disagree with. You are alluding to deterrence. I disagree with the DP but I also would concede that if there was a deterrent effect in executing people for these thypes of crimes, I would side with the greater good. But therein lies the problem.

Return to Top
#476843 - 12/30/05 03:29 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think we could struggle to find anybody to disagree with. You are alluding to deterrence. I disagree with the DP but I also would concede that if there was a deterrent effect in executing people for these thypes of crimes, I would side with the greater good. But therein lies the problem.

Like the DP?

Return to Top
#476844 - 12/30/05 03:33 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Like the DP?

Show me the evidence or studies that show the deterrent effect of the DP anywhere.

Return to Top
#476845 - 12/30/05 03:35 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

It deters me from it.

Return to Top
#476846 - 12/30/05 03:41 PM Re: Twas the Night Before Tookie's Execution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Society has always used punishment to discourage would-be criminals from unlawful action. Since society has the highest interest in preventing murder, it should use the strongest punishment available to deter murder, and that is the death penalty. If murderers are sentenced to death and executed, potential murderers will think twice before killing for fear of losing their own life.
For years, criminologists analyzed murder rates to see if they fluctuated with the likelihood of convicted murderers being executed, but the results were inconclusive. Then in 1973 Isaac Ehrlich employed a new kind of analysis which produced results showing that for every inmate who was executed, 7 lives were spared because others were deterred from committing murder. Similar results have been produced by disciples of Ehrlich in follow-up studies.

Moreover, even if some studies regarding deterrence are inconclusive, that is only because the death penalty is rarely used and takes years before an execution is actually carried out. Punishments which are swift and sure are the best deterrent. The fact that some states or countries which do not use the death penalty have lower murder rates than jurisdictions which do is not evidence of the failure of deterrence. States with high murder rates would have even higher rates if they did not use the death penalty.

Ernest van den Haag, a Professor of Jurisprudence at Fordham University who has studied the question of deterrence closely, wrote: "Even though statistical demonstrations are not conclusive, and perhaps cannot be, capital punishment is likely to deter more than other punishments because people fear death more than anything else. They fear most death deliberately inflicted by law and scheduled by the courts. Whatever people fear most is likely to deter most. Hence, the threat of the death penalty may deter some murderers who otherwise might not have been deterred. And surely the death penalty is the only penalty that could deter prisoners already serving a life sentence and tempted to kill a guard, or offenders about to be arrested and facing a life sentence. Perhaps they will not be deterred. But they would certainly not be deterred by anything else. We owe all the protection we can give to law enforcers exposed to special risks."

Finally, the death penalty certainly "deters" the murderer who is executed. Strictly speaking, this is a form of incapacitation, similar to the way a robber put in prison is prevented from robbing on the streets. Vicious murderers must be killed to prevent them from murdering again, either in prison, or in society if they should get out. Both as a deterrent and as a form of permanent incapacitation, the death penalty helps to prevent future crime.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5