Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#594543 - 08/07/06 07:10 PM Born in the USA
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
For those of you born in the USA, how fortunate do you feel you are that you were not born in places like Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan and similar places? Would you trade places with someone from those countries? Do you think they would gladly trade places with you?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#594544 - 08/07/06 07:13 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is your problem? Can you only feel good about yourself or your country by putting others down?

Return to Top
#594545 - 08/07/06 07:15 PM Re: Born in the USA
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Hard as it may be to believe, there are people from Iran, Iraq, Somalia and Sudan who love their countries every bit as much as some of us love the United States.

Return to Top
#594546 - 08/07/06 07:19 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Hard as it may be to believe, there are people from Iran, Iraq, Somalia and Sudan who love their countries every bit as much as some of us love the United States.

and they eat bugs, too! they don't know any better because they have never tasted sweet sweet freedom.

Return to Top
#594547 - 08/07/06 07:20 PM Re: Born in the USA
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

and they eat bugs, too! they don't know any better because they have never tasted sweet sweet freedom.

Return to Top
#594548 - 08/07/06 07:27 PM Re: Born in the USA
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Actually, I'm certain that there are people from Iran, Iraq, Somolia, and Sudan who love their countries more than some of us love ours.

But that wasn't Fraudman's question, as I recall it. To answer his questions, I'd say that I feel incredibly blessed to have been born in these United States, that I feel an obligation to the rest of the world to use that blessing for their betterment, and while there's no place on the planet that I'd rather call home, I think that some would, and some wouldn't, want to change places with me.

Return to Top
#594549 - 08/07/06 07:57 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was born outside the United States but feel that America is the greatest country ever. I wish I would have come here sooner.

Return to Top
#594550 - 08/07/06 08:00 PM Re: Born in the USA
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I can’t stand Bruce Springsteen’s music.

Return to Top
#594551 - 08/07/06 08:27 PM Re: Born in the USA
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I feel incredibly blessed to be living in a nation that is not torn apart by war on our soil and constant strife. It is inconceivable to me how Mothers in the countries mentioned and others can bear to let their children out of their sight knowing that they could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be killed. We are so blessed and so spoiled. I don't know how I would hold up under the pressure of the constant bombings, shootings, destruction of all I knew and loved.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#594552 - 08/07/06 08:44 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm glad I was born right-handed. Lefties seem to have a lot of trouble with scissors.

It goes without saying that I'm glad to be an American.

Suzy

Return to Top
#594553 - 08/07/06 08:58 PM Re: Born in the USA
doubledown21 Offline
100 Club
Planet Earth
Having been to some poorer countries, I can truly say I appreciate being an american. so many of the things we take for granted like running water and electricity, not to mention microwaves and washing machines are luxuries in other countries. We truly have it good here. That said, I know some Iranians who love it there. Aside from the heavy religious laws, they enjoy many of the same luxuries we do. My friends there are just like american guys in their mid-twenties, with a few notable exceptions. They like basketball, video games and hip hop. They like to drink too, but only do it in the safety of their homes. and of course chasing girls is probably out of the question. As for the other countries, it's probably not so bad if that is the only life you've ever known, it's just when you have something to compare it to that it begins to suck.

Return to Top
#594554 - 08/07/06 09:00 PM Re: Born in the USA
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

I'm glad I was born right-handed. Lefties seem to have a lot of trouble with scissors.

Suzy

cake servers are a PITA too

Return to Top
#594555 - 08/07/06 09:14 PM Re: Born in the USA
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I feel incredibly blessed to be living in a nation that is not torn apart by war on our soil and constant strife.

True, fortunately for the most part, ours is an intellectual and conceptual war and less a military war. However, tell that to the poor folks watching gangs drive by and shoot their children, sell drugs in front of their homes, etc.

Return to Top
#594556 - 08/07/06 10:58 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I feel incredibly blessed to be living in a nation that is not torn apart by war on our soil and constant strife.

Did you me we are not there yet?

Return to Top
#594557 - 08/07/06 11:00 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I am leftie...leave me and my scissors alone..so what if both of us are backwards...

Return to Top
#594558 - 08/09/06 12:47 PM Re: Born in the USA
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have been born in the USA. We take for granted so many of the liberties we have, and the general security we have. I can go to work without worrying about being shot or bombed. I may be, but it is not a common occurance. And I can give my opinions here and not worry about being jailed for it. I can go to a bookstore and read about pretty much anything I want; it is not banned.

I know people from other countries love their homes too, so don't dis me for loving mine!

Return to Top
#594559 - 08/09/06 12:54 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

But Peeps, he could throw that speedball by ya and make you look like a fool!

Return to Top
#594560 - 08/09/06 01:12 PM Re: Born in the USA
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

You are so unpatriotic! How could you say that about the Boss. Come over here I'll make you listen to all the special extended play albums I have. Also, I even have the two albums with pictures on them that are interviews. I have the box set and the half speed master of born to run. Man how can you say you don't like his music you commie!

Return to Top
#594561 - 08/09/06 01:20 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

D2X, I have a challenge. If you were going to burn an 80 minute CD-R of Bruce music for the uninitiated, which songs would you burn on it? (So you don't have to count the minutes, let's just say that a CD-R will hold 22 songs.)

P.S. As a bonus, if you were going to burn 80 minutes of Bruce music for your own desert island disc, what would you burn on it?

Return to Top
#594562 - 08/09/06 01:28 PM Re: Born in the USA
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Wow that is an interesting question. Of course Born to Run, Fire, Born in the USA, Dancing in the Dark the extended 12 inch single, Merry Christmas Baby, Santa Clause is Coming to Town. Blinded by the Light(because it is cool to hear the original over Mann Fred Mann), definitely not Nebraska. There are so many more but I have to do some training for a new position I start today so I don't know when I will be able to complete the list.

Return to Top
#594563 - 08/09/06 02:12 PM Re: Born in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Santa Clause is Coming to Town

I had an extended version of this from Live at Winterland. It was the long version with several minutes of dialogue from Bruce culminating in him seeing Santa. I had a tape of it from the bootlegged LP. Then I downloaded it. Lost both.

Return to Top
#594564 - 08/09/06 02:46 PM Re: Born in the USA
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Oh, you gotta add Atlantic City, Trapped, Thunder Road, Racing in the Streets, Rosalita, Jungleland, etc.

Love the boss!

Return to Top
#594565 - 08/09/06 02:48 PM Re: Born in the USA
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Blinded by the Light
Rosalita
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Tenth Ave Freezeout
Badlands
Cadillac Ranch
I Wanna Marry You
Idependence Day
Hungry Heart
The River
Pink Cadillac
I'm on Fire
Glory Days
My Hometown
Born in the USA
Brilliant Disguise
57 Channels
Better Days
Philadelphia
The Ghost of Tom Joad
The Rising

Return to Top
#594566 - 08/09/06 02:49 PM Re: Born in the USA
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ewww, Springsteen, yuck.

Return to Top
#594567 - 08/09/06 02:51 PM Re: Born in the USA
A_G Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Suzy

I'm left handed but I cut with my right hand because there were never any left handed scissors in school. I'm starting a new thread...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2