Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#606022 - 08/28/06 05:46 PM T.O. short honeymoon
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I thought TO would at least get through the first season with the Cowboys without a problem-the jerk can't even get in a preseason game. He has been fined $9500 for missing a practice, team meeting and a rehab session. Talk about the immovable object (Tuna) against the unstoppable force (TO)....

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#606023 - 08/28/06 05:49 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Hrmn... seems like TO is more of an unmoving object than an unstoppable force right about now. If he's not on the field, he's not unstoppable

Maybe he's upset because Drew Henson is getting cut lol!

Return to Top
#606024 - 08/28/06 06:05 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
gee, $9500 to him is lunch to me...

Return to Top
#606025 - 08/28/06 06:07 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

gee, $9500 to him is lunch to me...

It isn't the amount, it's how early he's making waves and not doing his best.

THIS is why Chad Johnson is a better receiver than TO. He may act like he thinks he is God's gift to football on the field, but unlike TO, off the field, he works his butt off year round to get better, study his opponents, etc.

Return to Top
#606026 - 08/28/06 06:11 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I might buy that arguement if TO had not been booted from his last 2 teams for the very same reason. What you have is an egotistical owner, egotistical coach, and egotistical player, each thinking they're the bee's knees, and none willing to give an inch. Reminds me of the old fable of the scorpion and the toad...

Return to Top
#606027 - 08/28/06 06:24 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

I might buy that arguement if TO had not been booted from his last 2 teams for the very same reason. What you have is an egotistical owner, egotistical coach, and egotistical player, each thinking they're the bee's knees, and none willing to give an inch. Reminds me of the old fable of the scorpion and the toad...

I agree they are all egotistical, Happy, but what is there to "give" by Parcells or Jones? Jones gave TO 25 million and ANOTHER chance. All he has done is whine, and call attention to himself. Parcells is doing the right thing-no practice, no play. What message does that send if Parcells lets him do what he wants? I give Parcells credit for having the stones to stand up to him (as did the Eagles, to their credit).

Return to Top
#606028 - 08/28/06 06:55 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

What you have is an egotistical owner, egotistical coach, and egotistical player, each thinking they're the bee's knees, and none willing to give an inch.

So true. I miss the days when Tom Landry was coach, and the organization still had some class. I have always loved the Cowboys, and I find them hard to stomach now. Stinks for the nice guys on the team.

Return to Top
#606029 - 08/28/06 07:58 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

I miss the days when Tom Landry was coach, and the organization still had some class. I have always loved the Cowboys, and I find them hard to stomach now. Stinks for the nice guys on the team.

Amen!

Return to Top
#606030 - 08/28/06 08:51 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Landry was a class act and I respected him as a coach and a man even though I was generally rooted against his team.

I don't know why Jerry Jones thought that T.O. would act any different than his has in the past that caused two teams to get rid of him despite his on the field talent. I know why because Jones's ego is as big as T.O.'s

Return to Top
#606031 - 08/28/06 08:54 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Dollar Bill Offline
100 Club
Dollar Bill
Midwest
I'm tired of hearing about it. The NFL is becoming more of a "me" game than a "team" game. It is sad that our entertainment dollars go towards this, but it's the truth.

The guy is clearly the best receiver in the NFL. I think the media is making this a bigger deal than it actually is. He will clearly make the Cowboys a better team.

For these reasons, that's why the LLWS is so enjoyable to watch.

Return to Top
#606032 - 08/28/06 09:00 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Quote:

I'm tired of hearing about it. The NFL is becoming more of a "me" game than a "team" game. It is sad that our entertainment dollars go towards this, but it's the truth.

The guy is clearly the best receiver in the NFL. I think the media is making this a bigger deal than it actually is. He will clearly make the Cowboys a better team.

T.O. can make the Cowboys a better team if he plays and shuts up. He can make them a worse team just like he did with the Eagles if he becomes a distraction and causes tension in the locker room.

Return to Top
#606033 - 08/28/06 09:00 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

I think the media and TO feed off each other, but when he dresses up as a biker from the Discovery Team, the guy is begging for attention. He is one of the most selfish athletes I have seen. Imagine how much better he would be if he played instead of destroying every team he has been on?

Return to Top
#606034 - 08/28/06 09:43 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

The guy is clearly the best receiver in the NFL

He is a long way from the best in the NFL. His production and work ethic over the past 2 years put him at the middle of the pack, at best. If the 3 bozos involved would quit arguing via the media, maybe they could come to agreement and move forward. As long as they all play one-upsmanship for ESPN sound bites, no progress will be made.

Return to Top
#606035 - 08/28/06 11:25 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

He is a long way from the best in the NFL. His production and work ethic over the past 2 years put him at the middle of the pack, at best.

Top 10, sure. I'll give him that. But you are absolutely correct in that he canot hold a candle to Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Tory Holt, Steve Smith, or Larry Fitzgerald.

Return to Top
#606036 - 08/29/06 12:28 AM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
I have to speak up here. T.O., although an ass to manage is the most physically dominating wide receiver in the NFL. He is hte MOST gifted wide receiver on the planet. He only needs to figure out how to become a team player and not a jerk. As for his work ethic, T.O. trains more than any receiver in the NFL. He does his own workout and by appearance, it seems to work.

Return to Top
#606037 - 08/29/06 01:12 AM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I have to speak up here. T.O., although an ass to manage is the most physically dominating wide receiver in the NFL. He is hte MOST gifted wide receiver on the planet. He only needs to figure out how to become a team player and not a jerk. As for his work ethic, T.O. trains more than any receiver in the NFL. He does his own workout and by appearance, it seems to work.

Physical gifts are only a part of being a successful receiver. He may have the physical part down, but he lacks the work ethic and the mental part of the game to be the best. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison; just three guys who are better than TO any day because of their work ethic. Chad Johnson will easily have a dozen more catches and 200 more yards than TO this season.

Return to Top
#606038 - 08/29/06 11:55 AM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Clearly he keeps himself in shape, and could be one of the best ever if he got his head out of his ass and remembered this is a team sport. All he cares about is himself. Period. What is Parcells supposed to do? he has 53 other guys to think about. All the power to Tuna!!

Return to Top
#606039 - 08/29/06 04:56 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
There are two players in the NFL that I simply can not stand...Brett Favre and T.O.

T.O. will NOT change simply because he has 'grown up' and he never will. He will never take responsibility for his actions and in my opinion, LOVES the fact that he's in trouble and ADORES the fact that the media talks about him. He may say otherwise but his actions certainly tell a different story.

For that reason alone, I would love the opportunity to punch him in the jaw.

(And don't get me started on Brett Favre. It involves words not fit for this board. Or a lady. Even though I ain't a lady! haha)

Return to Top
#606040 - 08/30/06 01:15 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Favre sure did show he should have retired Monday night, now didn't he!

On the other hand CARSON PALMER OH MY GOD!

Return to Top
#606041 - 08/30/06 03:13 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Yeah BF, I would bet Favre is wondering why the heck he came back? As for TO, I wish he would be let go and no other team would take him. Unless there was a substantial and well publicized cut in pay.

Return to Top
#606042 - 08/30/06 03:21 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

He looked good, but please reserve the OMG comments for the regular season.

Return to Top
#606043 - 08/30/06 03:23 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

He looked good, but please reserve the OMG comments for the regular season.

Actually, this game was more important to Carson Palmer's continued development than the regular season will be. He had to know he could look downfield when he felt the rush. He did. He had guys pulling his "bad" leg, and he still threw completions for first downs.

Return to Top
#606044 - 08/30/06 05:57 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Now, if Palmer could just play the Packers every game my fantasy team may stand a chance.

Return to Top
#606045 - 08/30/06 06:10 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Now, if Palmer could just play the Packers every game my fantasy team may stand a chance.

LOL Dude, you do remember that he had a better season last year than Manning and Brady, right?

Return to Top
#606046 - 08/30/06 06:12 PM Re: T.O. short honeymoon
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

LOL Dude, you do remember that he had a better season last year than Manning and Brady, right?

Here we go...can someone get measurements for Mr. Palmers Hall of Fame jacket please?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2