Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#667887 - 01/18/07 04:20 PM Just read an article in the St. Louis Post
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
They had an article in todays paper regarding the boy who was kidnapped in California in 1980 and held for 7 years. This is the kid that the move "I know my name is Steven" is based on. It really is very sad. His kidnapper received a sentence of 8 years and only served 5. 5 years in prison for what he did to that boy!!!!
In 2004 the same guy (kidnapper) was sentenced to 25 to life for trying to buy a child for $500.00.
I just can't believe it 5 years! That boy suffered the rest of his shortly lived life because of this guy.
To bad the penis whacking doctor didn't get his hands on this guy!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#667956 - 01/18/07 04:59 PM Re: Just read an article in the St. Louis Post Maxx
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
That's horrible! It really makes you wonder where the justice is, in our judicial system. Such a shame.

Return to Top
#667993 - 01/18/07 05:17 PM Re: Just read an article in the St. Louis Post Bacon Boy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
That story goes on. Steven's life was a mess after he got back and I believe he ended up dying in a car accident or something a few years ago.

Also, his brother (step brother maybe?) ended up being a sexual predator or killer of some sort I believe.

Return to Top
#668002 - 01/18/07 05:23 PM Re: Just read an article in the St. Louis Post MB Guy
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
MB guy, he died in a motorcycle accident, at the age of 24. A car pulled out in front of him. He did marry and has two children. They said he never received counseling because his father didn't think he needed it. His sister said he tried to cope with it and in time became an activist in educating children about "Stranger Danger" thru speaking engagements.
He was lured into the car by two men that asked if his mother would contribute to their church. Then he was told he was no longer wanted by his parents and had been adopted. The second man served two years in prison.

Return to Top
#668024 - 01/18/07 05:44 PM Re: Just read an article in the St. Louis Post Maxx
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
His brother, Cary, is a convicted murderer in California.

Return to Top