BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1076875 - 11/05/08 05:45 PM Father Time
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Father Time is finally doing something the Democrats could never accomplish...get George W. Bush out of the White House.

With the Messiah moving in and his numerous minions taking their seats in the House and Senate, the next two years should be Utopian.

Mass media is losing its whipping boy and W will no longer be around to blame anything/everything on.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1076877 - 11/05/08 05:48 PM Re: Father Time Fraudman CFCI
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
It will be interesting to see how the media treats any major screwups by the Dem majority w/o any conservatives to blame. I can just see them continuously harkening back and saying, well if Bush had done this or that.

Return to Top
#1077925 - 11/06/08 06:52 PM Re: Father Time TheManofSteel
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
The catch phrase I heard about Clinton's economic successes was that it was really Bush's and was just starting to show its effects. I think that catch phrase will be used for years.

That said, I'm happy that W is on his way out. I truly believe that both Obama and McCain are an upgrade, so I'm now anxious to see what "changes" BO can effect.

Return to Top
#1077930 - 11/06/08 06:53 PM Re: Father Time Pup
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
The catch phrase I heard about Clinton's economic successes was that it was really Bush's and was just starting to show its effects.

I truely thought that as well, since things were already slowly turning towards the last couple of months of Bush's term.

Return to Top
#1078006 - 11/06/08 07:54 PM Re: Father Time #Just Jay
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Uh oh. Look out for Yoss coming through to clear up this misunderstanding about Clinton's economic successes.

Return to Top
#1078018 - 11/06/08 08:02 PM Re: Father Time straw
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: straw
Uh oh. Look out for Yoss coming through to clear up this misunderstanding about Clinton's economic successes.

and conveniently forgetting any previously posted evidence to the contrary

Return to Top
#1078095 - 11/06/08 08:50 PM Re: Father Time straw
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: straw

No, it's just not worth it. I can post the factual numbers on what happened under Clinton on deficit reduction, unemployment, and economic expansion, but in the end if someone is determined to attribute it all to Bush or Reagan or Nixon or Eisenhower or anyone else from the past there's just no point in arguing with them about their beliefs.

Return to Top
#1078130 - 11/06/08 09:12 PM Re: Father Time Yossarian
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
No please Yoss. I always get a grin when your feathers rise to defend Clinton's legacy.

Return to Top