Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1991381 - 01/27/15 05:46 PM Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
http://www.bankingexchange.com/news-feed...cret?Itemid=423

Have you spent over $500 without telling your significant other?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1991389 - 01/27/15 05:55 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Nope. Hubby and I have a $200 limit unless it's for things like groceries or clothes for the kids. Our finances are 100% combined so we both have equal access to all accounts etc.

Return to Top
#1991396 - 01/27/15 06:05 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
I am still here so the answer is no. laugh

Return to Top
#1991399 - 01/27/15 06:13 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Purple Pride
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Purple Pride
I am still here so the answer is no. laugh

laugh

And my answer is also no.
We don't have a limit, but we talk about all purchases. Rather, I talk while I am balancing the checkbook. laugh

Return to Top
#1991402 - 01/27/15 06:15 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Yes.

Neither Mrs. Noelekal or I require a confessional over spending and both have spent over $500 without advising the other.

It's not as if this is a regular occurrence for there isn't so much ready cash lying around for us to blow. So it's a non-issue in our household. We do trust each other to use good sense and both "pull in the harness" together on finances.

One supposes that a whole new federal bureaucratic agency will soon be created to address this "problem" with an entire battery of detailed disclosures required of American couples on the matter and civil money penalties being assessed for non-compliance.

Return to Top
#1991414 - 01/27/15 06:32 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
What is a significant other? smirk

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1991417 - 01/27/15 06:34 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We always decide on major purchases together.

Return to Top
#1991423 - 01/27/15 06:43 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
Summer Nights Offline
New Poster
Summer Nights
Land of the Green & Gold
Not usually. One trip to town on the weekend for groceries, gas, car wash, stop at pharmacy, hardware store and where ever else we need to stop can blow through $500 real quick.

Return to Top
#1991428 - 01/27/15 06:49 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
You would not believe the women at this place who have accounts their husbands don't know about and it is THEIR money and he has NO say over what she spends it on.

Far as I know the wife and I have combined everything. We don't make major purchases without consulting the other.

Return to Top
#1991437 - 01/27/15 06:57 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer RR Joker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: RR Joker

Something I think I'm better off without.

Return to Top
#1991445 - 01/27/15 07:08 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer DD Regs
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
You would not believe the women at this place who have accounts their husbands don't know about and it is THEIR money and he has NO say over what she spends it on.

Far as I know the wife and I have combined everything. We don't make major purchases without consulting the other.

Same here! I review employee accounts and there a lot that have a percentage of their paycheck into another account that their spouse is not on.

I'd never hide money from my spouse.

Return to Top
#1991464 - 01/27/15 07:28 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
We're both frugal, so we talk over everything. Not only does my wife tell me exactly what she spent, she gives me a coupon by coupon description of what she didn't spend.

Return to Top
#1991468 - 01/27/15 07:37 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Each of us has control over a joint checking account. We deposit equal percentages of our pay to a household account that I handle. He maintains our liquid assets in his account. Anything left after bill paying (me) or saving (him) is considered discretionary income for the account manager. Major purchases are joint decisions.

Return to Top
#1991471 - 01/27/15 07:44 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer CompliantOkie
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Nope. Hubby and I have a $200 limit unless it's for things like groceries or clothes for the kids. Our finances are 100% combined so we both have equal access to all accounts etc.

Same here.

Return to Top
#1991474 - 01/27/15 07:50 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer RR Jen
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: RR Jen

Yeah..I think so too! eek

Return to Top
#1991481 - 01/27/15 08:00 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
My expenditures go something like this:

GuitarDude - "Do you really need another guitar?"

GuitarDude - "I don't need it but I want it.

GuitarDude - ::clicks "Buy it Now"::

Return to Top
#1991487 - 01/27/15 08:12 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
would never spend $500 or greater without first saying so...of course, I hate to spend money, so I would stress over it much longer than her...I've been contemplating buying a new bike, but the model I want is close to $3500...it was only $2900 3 years ago when I started to contemplate...probably by the time I get around to pulling the trigger it will be about $4500...

she'd drop $500 in a heartbeat if I said "sure"

Return to Top
#1991500 - 01/27/15 08:23 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer RR Jen
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: RR Jen

Danged if I know.....

Return to Top
#1991505 - 01/27/15 08:28 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
so only women and children suffer? does that mean men just do not care, or that we are immune to that kind of suffering? O_o

Return to Top
#1991519 - 01/27/15 08:47 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i think the implication of the study is that men do it more so their spouses/kids suffer

Return to Top
#1991525 - 01/27/15 08:52 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I've been talking myself in and out of a major splurge for awhile now. I've discussed it with myself numerous times and have yet to come to an agreement either way. We are at an impasse. crazy

Return to Top
#1991535 - 01/27/15 08:56 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer RR Joker
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I've been talking myself in and out of a major splurge for awhile now. I've discussed it with myself numerous times and have yet to come to an agreement either way. We are at an impasse. crazy

There's a pair of Frye boots that I really want. They're only $400 but I seem to keep talking myself out of them. Been going on for a year or so. At this point if I haven't bought them, I probably don't need them. But then I look at them online...

Return to Top
#1991561 - 01/27/15 09:38 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Pale Rider
Lil Firecracker Offline
I hide extra money in my sock drawer just to say I can. It makes me feel better. Call it obsessive compulsive disorder

Return to Top
#1991634 - 01/28/15 02:15 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Lil Firecracker
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I handle all of the finances and have tried to fill my wife in on everything, but she doesn't seem to want to know. I do have some investment accounts that she isn't on. She is the beneficiary, but I'm not sure why I didn't put her on them to begin with. They're not secret accounts, but she doesn't seem interested in knowing much about them.

I'm not a big spender, so I wouldn't likely make any big purchases without her knowing. I've paid-down and paid-off debt without her knowing, does that count?

Return to Top
#1991643 - 01/28/15 02:38 PM Re: Financial Infidelity! Women and children suffer Bankster
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
I'm not a big spender

This explains wearing wet socks. He only has the one pair. whistle

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2