BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2090504 - 07/28/16 10:49 PM Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
It's a real job. Pays $64,650/yr. Deadline to apply is 8/10/2016. Article here: http://mix1051.cbslocal.com/2016/07/27/t...ebook_MIX_105.1

Job application info here: https://americanhistory.si.edu/sites/def...uncement_16.pdf

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2090505 - 07/28/16 11:09 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Quote:
The Smithsonian is doing research into American craft beer...

Translation: You better like IPAs. wink

Return to Top
#2090507 - 07/29/16 09:41 AM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid GuitarDude
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
One of the brightest and the best (and, yes, most beautiful) of my daughter's friends became "A Budweiser Girl" fresh out of college. It lasted a couple years and her ending salary was just over $60K. Now, she's enrolled in the company's executive training program on a track that will lead to a senior management position.

Craft beers suck anyway.

Apply here.

Return to Top
#2090519 - 07/29/16 12:34 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid Elwood P. Dowd
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Originally Posted By Ken_Pegasus

Craft beers suck anyway.

Sacrilege!

Return to Top
#2090524 - 07/29/16 12:54 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
my son works for a Budweiser wholesaler/distributor, and one of his early jobs was driving around the Bud Girls to functions in the Bud-Light Hummer...mardi gras parades, bar opening, restaurant openings, concerts, pro and college football games tailgate parties... yes, they actually paid him to do this...

Return to Top
#2090527 - 07/29/16 01:14 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid HappyGilmore
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
This may be the most depressing thread ever. And here I sit with my decades of valuable experience and the only bright spot today is that the commercial dudes are out this morning. Translation: there will be no arguing about loan review reports. Not that I drink beer at all, but I still have this, "Where did I go wrong?" feeling.

Return to Top
#2090529 - 07/29/16 01:16 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
calling Budweiser beer is a stretch

Return to Top
#2090532 - 07/29/16 01:25 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
Iowa Compliance Gal Offline
Iowa
I agree Peepers! :-)

Return to Top
#2090542 - 07/29/16 01:51 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
"Budweiser hires attractive females over the age of 21 to promote the lifestyle and benefits of Budweiser beer."

I'm going to apply, and if they reject me because I'm a 60 year old male, I'm going to sue for age and gender discrimination.

Return to Top
#2090543 - 07/29/16 01:53 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Benefits of Budweiser beer:

1) none

Return to Top
#2090564 - 07/29/16 02:43 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Budweiser, since being purchased by InBev, has a great number of delicious beers in their arsenal...while the only true Bud product I can drink is Michelob Amber Bock, InBev has Stella, Beck's, Bass, Hoegarden, Goose Island, and a number of others to the product line

Return to Top
#2090569 - 07/29/16 02:53 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I haven't drank Budweiser since I've been old enough to drink legally but I don't have pleasant memories of it. I'm not sure when it happened, but I have become somewhat of a beer snob. If I'm going to drink beer, I want good beer - not Coors light. I really prefer stouts and porters, but a nice amber is good also. Of course if the beer is free, then I'm definitely less picky.

Return to Top
#2090584 - 07/29/16 03:34 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink. If I want to sip a beer for flavor, it will be an IPA most likely. Tonight I have to cut the grass. That will be Bud time again.

Return to Top
#2090588 - 07/29/16 03:41 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I agree that they have a lot of others in the line up...Goose Island is yummy.

I'd happily travel and drink beer $64,000 a year! smile

Return to Top
#2090659 - 07/29/16 05:04 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have yet to sip an IPA that I could actually...well sip...much less drink. sick

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2090671 - 07/29/16 05:21 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RR Joker
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
My usual suggestion is that they should run "the craft beer" back through the horse

Return to Top
#2090676 - 07/29/16 05:49 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid MyBrainHurts
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink.

HELLO!!!!! St Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower should beer your yardwork/lawnmowing beer...have you not been paying attention to the bar for the past 5 years?

I'm so ashamed... cry
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 07/29/16 05:49 PM.

Return to Top
#2090677 - 07/29/16 05:49 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
At my age, I don't think I would do a good job being around young ladies. Although, I am pretty good at drinking beer. I have been practicing nearly 50 years!. Just not good around all those distractions.

Return to Top
#2090678 - 07/29/16 05:50 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RVFlyboy
OldeTymeBanker Offline
This reminds of the time my son was in high school, and a few of his girlfriends would spend hours doing hair, makeup, etc. to look like various Disney princesses, and posting the pictures to social media. I asked him, "They do realize they cannot grow up to be Disney princesses, right?" But sure enough, directly out of high school one of them got a job on a Disney cruise ship playing those princesses. This is when I realized that apparently I suck at giving career advice. Now she lives in LA and gets paid to go to events such as children's birthday parties dressed up as said princesses.

Return to Top
#2090683 - 07/29/16 06:00 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid HappyGilmore
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink.

HELLO!!!!! St Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower should beer your yardwork/lawnmowing beer...have you not been paying attention to the bar for the past 5 years?

I'm so ashamed... cry

Sharing this with Mr Turtle tonight! MBH's post kinda scared me as that is EXACTLY what was going on in my backyard last night. After a few decades of marriage, I know that Bud (Bud heavy, as he calls it) and lawnmowing go together. I don't like beer or lawnmowing, so cannot opine.

Return to Top
#2090694 - 07/29/16 06:33 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid RR Joker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By RR Joker
I have yet to sip an IPA that I could actually...well sip...much less drink. sick

UGH...You should have been with me in Little Rock Wednesday night. They had some great craft beers and the IPA was my FAVORITE.

Return to Top
#2090698 - 07/29/16 06:48 PM Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid Cornfed Turtle
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
This may be the most depressing thread ever. And here I sit with my decades of valuable experience and the only bright spot today is that the commercial dudes are out this morning. Translation: there will be no arguing about loan review reports. Not that I drink beer at all, but I still have this, "Where did I go wrong?" feeling.

I know what you mean. ::spins in chair::

Return to Top