Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2284853 - 05/23/23 11:58 AM Comic books at work and a happy story
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
We have a market place at work and I put an ad up looking for comic books people do not want. I post an ad every 3 to 4 months. I have almost a 0% reply rate lol. Well I have been doing this for some time now and just really like reading books.

One day, not too long ago, my CEO stopped by my desk and said "You like comics right? I was cleaning, found this, and thought of you." Then he dropped a comic on my desk and left. It is an old book he has had for 40 years or so. It is in good enough condition to read, not super expensive, but more importantly it made me very happy. After reading it a few times I have decided to have it graded (professionally sealed and secured) and going hang it in my house to present it to friends.

It doesn't take a lot to make someone happy. I really needed a lifting of spirits and didn't expect it from the boss boss. I share as I hope you or someone next to you finds someone's "comic book" and can cheer them up in a sometimes tough world.

Cheers

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2284868 - 05/23/23 04:44 PM Re: Comic books at work and a happy story SteveDave
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
I absolutely love this - you just never know what you can do that will make someone's day. So glad it happened for you!

Return to Top
#2284883 - 05/23/23 08:13 PM Re: Comic books at work and a happy story SteveDave
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
what happens if it grades out fairly high and turns out it is worth a pretty penny? sell it and split with the CEO? keep your mouth closed? something else?

Return to Top
#2284994 - 05/25/23 07:16 PM Re: Comic books at work and a happy story SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Thanks Basilring! It was nice.

HappyGilmore I thought about this for sure!!! Is more my luck to have it be awkward. The highest it can grade will make it a few hundred in value. I would not feel right keeping it without something happening. I think I would get half the value in cash and then drop it on his desk and say something dumb like "You like money, right". then run.

Return to Top