Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#128125 - 11/04/03 02:42 PM White stuff is here to stay
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Well it is official. We received a few inches of the white stuff last night and will get a few more today. It looks so nice now. That is until the sand/salt trucks come out. Which considering there is a nice layer of ice under the snow you would think they would have been working all night. I have to hand it to the people, they were driving they way they should in these conditions. Now that's a first.

Anyone else have snow yet?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#128126 - 11/04/03 02:47 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
It is supposed to be 78 here today, which is unseasonably warm. Where do you live?

Return to Top
#128127 - 11/04/03 03:01 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
We're supposed to go from 78 this morning to the lower 40's this evening. Nothing like good old Missouri weather...if you don't like it, stick around for a minute...it will change!

Return to Top
#128128 - 11/04/03 03:15 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
It's 71° here right now and it's supposed to be almost 80° today. It is going to cool down over the next few day, but only to the upper 50s and lower 60s. Where are you from Nikko?

Return to Top
#128129 - 11/04/03 05:41 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
it's november and in the 70's here... i'm loving it while i can... i dread the cold!!!

Return to Top
#128130 - 11/04/03 05:57 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
The middle of Minnesota here. We received 4-5 inches yesterday and last night. Looks like it will stay. Hoping for more snow so we can use our snowmobiles. We have had minimal snow the last two years.

Return to Top
#128131 - 11/04/03 06:44 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

The middle of Minnesota here. We received 4-5 inches yesterday and last night. Looks like it will stay. Hoping for more snow so we can use our snowmobiles. We have had minimal snow the last two years.

Here in eastern North Dakota we received about the same snow fall. Unfortunately it started as freezing rain.

As for the people in the 70 degree range. I might be over to visit soon.

Return to Top
#128132 - 11/04/03 06:50 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
RR Joker Online
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:

Quote:

As for the people in the 70 degree range. I might be over to visit soon.

Snow? What is that? Snow is to us what Grits might be to ya'll...what the heck is it? Here in South Georgia usually the closest we come to snow is sand. I think it's in the 80's here today and plenty of dust at the practice pens. ugh. We're showing hogs at the fair tonight and selling tomorrow night, so at least we have not had to blanket the beasties??? hehe.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#128133 - 11/05/03 07:00 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Our snow started last Thursday evening. We have about 3 inches on the ground and it has been snowing/raining alternately since then. Black ice warnings most mornings. Today is the coldest - currently it is 18 degrees but warming to 45 on Saturday. The mountains are absolutely gorgeous. Looks like we're in for a long winter.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#128134 - 11/05/03 07:06 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Looks like we're in for a long winter.

You guys really need a long wet winter though, don't you?

It's been record-breaking heat down here. It finally dropped below 40 this morning, but it's supposed to be close to 70 this afternoon. I'm really wishing for a good hard freeze so my allergies will go way, at least a little bit!

Return to Top
#128135 - 11/05/03 07:09 PM Re: White stuff is here to stay
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
We really do need a long, wet winter. This summer we had several bad fires in the mountains. Plus we have two small ski areas within a 50 mile radius that need a good snow year to survive.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top