Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#370973 - 06/08/05 07:02 PM Old Farts???
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Have my hubby and I become old farts? We have been married for a year and in the past 2 years we have just become so blah. He doens't shave, doesn't get haircuts, is always in sweats or gym like clothes. I have gained almost thirty pounds - yes 30 - and we do not do anything. Our friends always said we were a nice young good looking couple who was a lot of fun and loved to party with the best of them. Now I don't do anything cause I "feel fat" and he using me feeling fat as his reason he doesn't do anything anymore. I have a started a serious diet and exercise program and I am finally starting whip my self in shape, he on the other is a bum, a big sloppy bum who guite honestly discusts me. Now I know when cuples get married things change. But we are only 24 and 25. Any suggestions or comments?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#370974 - 06/08/05 07:05 PM Re: Old Farts???
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I would explain to him how you feel, and include him in on the diet. Take walks together; we always go to the beach, it's quiet and we can walk and talk... Remind him of what you guys used to do together.

And good luck.

Return to Top
#370975 - 06/08/05 07:09 PM Re: Old Farts???
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Unfortunately, it is easy to fall into that rut. DQ makes some great points-my wife and I did the South Beach diet together last year-made it a lot easier than just having one of us on it. We try to go on walks, and go to the gym together. Does he want to work out, lose weight etc? Has anything changed in his life?

Return to Top
#370976 - 06/08/05 07:13 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being married only changes things if you allow it to. My honey and I have been together going on 9 years. We have only been married for the last year. Nothing for us changed, except that we treat each other even better than before. Seemed that making that extra commitment of marriage brought us even closer together. Is there anything else that may have caused such a tragic change in your lifestyles? Was getting married something your both wanted?

Return to Top
#370977 - 06/08/05 07:46 PM Re: Old Farts???
MB Guy Online
10K Club
Way, way south.
Anon, unfortunately many if not most people fall into this rut. I did it in my marriage. Something with the comfort factor and not having to go out and find something maybe. I believe it's the cause of many partings of married couples unfortunately.

Suzy, I think you are on the right track. You have to take care of yourself first and then I bet he will pick up on it and start taking better care of himself. You can't do it for him, he needs to realize it himself and get moving again. Good luck.

Return to Top
#370978 - 06/08/05 07:51 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

stop smoking pot!!

Return to Top
#370979 - 06/08/05 07:52 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

have more sex

Return to Top
#370980 - 06/08/05 07:56 PM Re: Old Farts???
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Thanks, but that is the problem. My husband has this thing, which I will not go into now, that keeps him from gaining weight. He is always eating a lot of food with alot of calories and fat and that is the opposite of what I want to do. He also work outs but is only doing bulk building exercise. That is the trouble. I am going low cal and low fat and working to lose weight, he his eating the opposite and working to gain wieght.

Return to Top
#370981 - 06/08/05 08:01 PM Re: Old Farts???
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Do not even joke about pot with me. If I could destroy every pot plant in the world, I would do it.

Along with golf

Return to Top
#370982 - 06/08/05 08:04 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could the two of you go to the gym together? Him to pump up and you to work it off?

Return to Top
#370983 - 06/08/05 08:07 PM Re: Old Farts???
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i don;t think i am ever going to get married after reading this!

Return to Top
#370984 - 06/08/05 08:16 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't say that dipitous. Marriage is what you make of it. COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION.

Return to Top
#370985 - 06/08/05 08:31 PM Re: Old Farts???
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
You're too young to get in a rut- work out together and like anon said ----communication is the key. You seem to be working toward a goal with yourself and that should make you feel great about yourself. Talk to your husband- I hope everything works out with you both.
My husband is my best friend even though he drives me crazy alot with his negative attitude- but I'm sure I drive him crazy with trying to keep everyone happy happy. Anyhow I can talk to him about everything and although we disagree about some things we are there for each other. Good luck.

Return to Top
#370986 - 06/08/05 09:18 PM Re: Old Farts???
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
This is serious, but I need more information to provide the answer.

You are old farts when:
1. Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
2. You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.
3. Getting a little action means I don't need fiber today.
4. Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.
5. An all-nighter means not getting up to pee!

You two are not there yet, right?

Return to Top
#370987 - 06/08/05 09:25 PM Re: Old Farts???
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
X (Paragon) - that was the funniest thing I have ever seen you post!

Return to Top
#370988 - 06/09/05 01:41 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm there! What next????

Return to Top
#370989 - 06/09/05 05:03 PM Re: Old Farts???
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

I'm there! What next????

Unfortunately, next - you are going to die!

Return to Top
#370990 - 06/09/05 08:00 PM Re: Old Farts???
Anonymous
Unregistered

not nice - not nice at all.

Return to Top
#370991 - 06/09/05 09:10 PM Re: Old [censored]???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got married one...oh wait it was twice...actually it was three times. But my 1st and 2nd wife is the same person. It takes work both parts. You both have to be willing to change.

Return to Top
#370992 - 06/10/05 06:12 PM Re: Old [censored]???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

have more sex

This always works for me.

Return to Top