Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#371975 - 06/11/05 04:14 PM St. Thomas & St. Maarten - Ideas Of Things To See?
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Next month, we are taking a cruise that stops in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We've been to Nassau before, but I was wondering about St. Thomas and St. Maarten as to suggested things to see and do while we're in those places? Any suggestions would be appreciated! We typically are pretty low key and generally don't go terribly far from where the ships are docked, but are open to suggestions. We usually like to go to the beach, go shopping...things like that. It's always exciting to see new places! Thanks!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#371976 - 06/11/05 06:14 PM Re: St. Thomas & St. Maarten - Ideas Of Things To See?
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If you have enough time at St. Thomas, go to Red Hook and take the ferry to St. John. The beaches are pristine and the island is not so overwhelmed with folks from the cruise ships. From St. Thomas we also took a day sail on the "Morning Star" and on another day took a cigarette boat to St. Croix.

Be careful, mon, I acquired an addiction for Bob Marley's music and bushwhackers for which I have yet to find a cure.

Return to Top
#371977 - 06/12/05 12:25 AM Re: St. Thomas & St. Maarten - Ideas Of Things To
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
St. Maarten has some beautiful beaches but be careful if you have children with you or you are sensitive, as some of them are topless and/or nude beaches. When we were there it was mostly cruise ship tourists and generally everyone was clothed but there were one or two that weren't.

What ship are you going on? I did the same itinerary in January. We snorkeled at St. Thomas which was great. There is also something called a "BOB" which is like a little underwater moped that people seemed to really enjoy.

Oh, and be sure to buy some Sheridan's (chocolate/coffee and vanilla liqueur) while you are there! You can't get it in the U.S. and it is WONDERFUL stuff!

Return to Top
#371978 - 06/12/05 06:16 AM Re: St. Thomas & St. Maarten - Ideas Of Things To
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Thanks...., yes I've heard about the nude beach thing there. We are going on Carnival Glory, leaving from Port Canaveral, Florida. Really looking forward to this one!

Return to Top