Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#157740 - 02/06/04 06:27 PM Angels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because I am tired today and I need a little bit of a lift, I am going to pose this question to you all.

Do you believe in angels? And, do you mind sharing your angel experiences?

I absolutely believe in angels. Here's my experiences:

-My family went through a very tragic loss of a very close friend. She was 17 when she passed away. Absolutely amazing girl. A week after she passed, we were sitting at a restaurant and my son (who was 3 at the time) started giggling and rubbing his ear. He said someone was kissing his ear and it tickled. We then realized that she used to kiss his ear all the time before she passed.

-Not long after this incident, my son would just start talking. I mean, full conversations. When I asked him who he was talking to, he'd point to something above his head and say that he was "talking to the sparklies". He couldn't understand why I couldn't see them.

So there it is. I'd love to hear from the rest of you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#157741 - 02/06/04 06:33 PM Re: Angels
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Absolutely. My brother was always my protector. When he was 18 he died in an oilfield accident. That same day I was lying on my bed crying. Just unconsolable, and angry, and shocked.....anyway, I was face down on the bed waiting for a couple of my friends that were coming over. I felt a hand rubbing my back, just a light touch, in a circular motion. There was something calming about it, and I honestly thought that my best friend had come in. When I turned over to hug her, there was nobody in the room. I couldn't wrap my mind around it, but later came to believe that it was my brother, my guardian angel.

Return to Top
#157742 - 02/06/04 06:34 PM Re: Angels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to post anon for this one...

Way before everyone had cell phones, my mom and sisters were on a LONG when they blew a tire. They were in the middle of nowhere, shaken up, but okay. My mom looked up and saw a man walking down the highway and he offered to change her tire. He did so and when she offered a ride he declined and told them "You'll be just fine." Mom got back in the car, checked on the girls and looked up and he was gone. God bless him! Mom is convinced he was an angel and it is a good thing he went to help them because there is NO WAY she could ever change a tire.

Return to Top
#157743 - 02/06/04 06:37 PM Re: Angels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ooooohhhh. I love this stuff!! I'm getting goosebumps. And my eyes are welling up!

Return to Top
#157744 - 02/06/04 06:38 PM Re: Angels
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I believe in angels. I don't really have a story to say why....I just do.

When I was a kid, I always pictured my guardian angel as a little guy on your shoulder, white robe, big white feather covered wings, and a light sabre.

Return to Top
#157745 - 02/06/04 06:49 PM Re: Angels
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Angel to the rescue - When my daughter was 7 she was just learning to ride a horse. She was in the saddle, waiting for someone to adjust her stirrups. Something spooked the horse, and he reared all the way up. The instructor and my wife grabbed the reins. The horse settled right down.

Where was my daughter? Standing right on the ground, between the two of them. Someone caught her in mid-air and set her down. My mom passed away two months before, was always protective of her grandchild, and was still watching over her.

Return to Top
#157746 - 02/06/04 06:57 PM Re: Angels
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I certainly do believe in angels - my grandma is my guardian angel. I gave a bank training on relaxation techniques many years ago. It involved dim lights, candles, relaxing music, etc. While trying to get everyone else chilled out I actually became somewhat hypnotized myself. When imagining my favorite place and seeing someone walking towards me I could see my grandma. She was holding out her hand, beckoning me. It felt so warm and fuzzy. I think it was her way of letting me know that she will always be there.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#157747 - 02/06/04 07:06 PM Re: Angels
TDW Offline
Gold Star
I took an angel course at a local community college about 6 years ago and since then I have collected books on angels. The class was SO INTERESTING. The instructor did this meditation with the class and I remember I was sitting in my chair feeling like I was spinning around very fast and as I was sitting there a white doe (deer) was standing in front of me watching me. The exercise was geared towards our personal guardian angels and what or who they looked like. Ever since then I have believed my guardian angel to look like a beautiful white doe. I do have a story and it still kind of freaks me out when I think about it. I was in highschool and me and my friend were going to go to this party on a gravel road. As I was reaching for the door to the car I kept feeling something pull on the back of my arm so I couldn't get to the door handle. I remember thinking, who is pulling on the back of my shirt?? I turned around and nobody was there, I reached for the door handle again and the same thing happened. I stood there, and for some reason told my friend that I would drive myself later. She said okay and left. An hour later I heard that she had rolled her car on the gravel road and she was not hurt but the passanger side of the car was totally smashed in and a steel fence post had been thrusted into the roof above the passanger seat, right where I would have been sitting..... That still gives me the willies!!!

Return to Top
#157748 - 02/06/04 07:16 PM Re: Angels
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
A very close friend of mine had a daughter before I knew her...when her little girl was 3, she died quite suddenly from an undiagnosed brain tumor. She told me that for months before this happend, her daughter would be up at night giggling and carrying on conversations...when she would ask her who she was talking to her reply was always...the angels! She thought it was a vivid imagination until the angels took her little girl home...but because her daughter was so happy during these conversations, she also knew she was okay.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#157749 - 02/06/04 07:36 PM Re: Angels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll try and make this brief but we had torn down my grandma and grandpa's house 5 years after they passed away. The next year we built our house on that property in order to keep the land in our family. It been in our family for over 50 years. With in the first few months that we lived there several weird things have happened. 1. I was putting a end table together and had the 4 legs the top and the bolts all laid out by themselves. I left the room to go used the restroom and came back and all the bolts were gone and one leg was missing. No one else was home. To this day I can't fine the bolts or the leg. I had to order a new leg. It scared the **** out of me. My husband didn't believe me. 2 then one night the bedroom door was shut and I was in bed and he was showering. I woke up to him looking under the door and I ask what are you doing he said he had made sure that all the light were off before he went to shower. I said so and he moved away from the door and I could see the light from the lamp coming through under the door. 3. A few days after that I was sitting at the end of the couch by the lamp that was turned on. (the same lamp from a few nights before)I was feeding my newborn daughter and my husband was showering again. I was just sitting there feeding my daughter and I heard a click and the lamp went out. I froze then I heard another click and it came on. I ran like the wind and bang on the bathroom door until my husband open it. I can only image what my face must of looked like. 4. A month or so after that I went to do laundry and the water wouldn't come out to fill up the tub. I told my husband that it was broke and he went to check it out. He came back and asked me why I had turned the water valve off. What water valve I said. I hadn't touch anything. I was just loading the washer.4. And now that my daughter is older, sometimes when I walk by her toy boxes this one toy keeps going off all by it's self. It says "hello there". Just the other day I was in her room putting her clothes away when I toy that was sitting up right with nothing over it, under it, it was just sitting there started to play music with out anyone pushing any buttons. It's really creepy sometimes. The only way I get through some of the weird stuff that happens in my house is by telling myself that my grandparents would never hurt me and that they are just trying to say hello.

Return to Top
#157750 - 02/06/04 07:38 PM Re: Angels
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
I believe in both the righteous angels and the fallen angels. Of the righteous angels, the Bible says "Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14) The Bible also says, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2).

A number of years ago, we were visiting a church that had a balcony (we sat below the balcony). During the worship service a choir in the balcony (out of our view) began to sing -- my daughter (then about 5) quietly asked if angels were singing up there.

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#157751 - 02/06/04 07:48 PM Re: Angels
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
My sister-in-law's husband was tragically killed in a car accident 2 years ago. He left behind a young wife, a 6-year old boy and a little girl not quite 1. Several months afterward, my sister-in-law and her two children were making an out of town trip and the 6-year old blurted out "There's Daddy!" Thinking she didn't hear him correctly, the Mom asked him what he said. He replied," I see Daddy. He's in the clouds!" It was then that she realized that they were driving by the very spot on the highway where there Daddy had been killed. The children had never been to the crash site, so he couldn't have known that's where his Daddy died. Their Daddy was watching out for his family on that day.
Last edited by Boomermom; 02/06/04 07:50 PM.
Return to Top
#157752 - 02/06/04 08:31 PM Re: Angels
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Even though I am probably one of the most logical, non-nonsensical people you'd ever want to meet (quiet down in the peanut gallery, there), I do believe in angels.

A friend of my DH's was in a convenience store and an older woman came up to him and said "You need to read the Bible more, your grandmother worries about you." She then handed him a Bible and when he looked up from it, she was gone. He couldn't find her anywhere in the store anywhere, nor outside, nor did anyone else seem to have noticed her. And.... his grandmother had just recently died.

And the June Bug, when she first started social smiling, would always stare at a particular picture and just smile and smile. As it was a sort of Dutch-style flower painting, there's no obvious reason why she would smile at that picture and that one only. My DH is convinced that she was smiling at the angels who watch over her.

Return to Top
#157753 - 02/06/04 08:35 PM Re: Angels
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
My father passed away from cancer 2 days after my son was born (he came 5 weeks early, sometimes I think for this reason). I have had several encouters with my father since his death. The first was about a year after he died. My son and I were playing in the kitchen while I was making dinner. We were both laughing and I caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up, for one brief moment I saw my father who had a smile on his face as if he enjoyed to watch us play. The next second he was gone. I did not feel scared but safe knowing he was there. My son is now 8, and has many characteristics of his grandfather.

Return to Top
#157754 - 02/06/04 08:57 PM Re: Angels
10ACBanker Offline
10ACBanker
10AC (TN)
I have a great story of how angels watch over us here on earth. When my first son was born, he and I both had a hard time of it. He was born at 2:00am Christmas morning. After the delivery he was placed in the newborn intensive care ward and I was given medication to help me rest. During the night my mom and dad sat in the waiting room outside of the nusery to "keep watch" over their first grandchild. They could see into the intensive care part of the nursery where my son was. My mom told me that all night long a certain young (who she supposed) doctor or aide sat beside my son and "kept watch" also. The next morning my son's health had improved to the point he was moved to the regular nursery. My mom, wanting to thank the young doctor who kept vigil all night, asked if she might talk to him. She described him to several nurses, aides, doctors,etc on different shifts..........but no one knew of a young man who fit the description!!! My mom and I both believe that God sent his angel to guard and protect my son that Christmas night 20 years ago. I BELIEVE!!!!

Return to Top
#157755 - 02/06/04 09:21 PM Re: Angels
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I have a similar story to Elena's. My Brother passed away 13 years ago and I had a very hard time dealing with it. He used to always enjoy waking me from a sound sleep by throwing things at me, smacking me with a pillow in the face, etc. One night shortly after he died, I swear someone grabbed my shoulders and shook me out of a sound sleep. After that, I always felt that he was safe and happy wherever he was.

Return to Top
#157756 - 02/09/04 02:16 PM Re: Angels
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I absolutely believe in angels. My 12-year old cousin died last October after he was hit by a car while riding his bike. At my aunt and uncles house, there was a particular light in their kitchen that never worked, no matter what my uncle did (and he's MR. fix-it). The night after my cousin died, my aunt, uncle and thier other kids were sitting around the kitchen table grieving when they thought the lighting was different, they looked up and that light that my uncle could never get to work for 10+ years was on. That's how I know angels exist, that was a sign telling them that their son was OK.

Return to Top
#157757 - 10/23/05 04:12 AM Re: Angels
Anonymous
Unregistered

similar thing happened to me, my grandpa died and at the church where he was at I was very sad and down and having hard time in my life living with my dad and his wife that didnt' like me much. life was miserable. my papal thought alot of me and he had a habit of putting his hand on your shoulder . I was sitting looking at my grandfather in his casket and I felt the pressure of a hand on my right shoulder as I turned to see who it was that was trying to comfort me no one was around me and then life changed after that , I found a wonderful man and got married and had a child and my independence back and neat thing is my papal always liked talking with my husband. I foudn out they talked all the time and he really liked him. other similaritea even with others family memebers took place, it was werid but I always felt that was the touch of my grandpa letting me know that every thing was going to be ok and get better for me. so glad to read your story. thanks ds

Return to Top