BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#457233 - 11/15/05 08:51 PM Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Well, on Monday the 28th opening day is upon us.
I have not seen many in the woods while bowhunting, but it is always enjoyable to walk in the woods with my buddy "Lee Harvey" slung over my shoulder.

Anyone else going?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#457234 - 11/15/05 09:13 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Not going but yesterday it opened in Michigan. I think our is over around when yours opens. I think rifle season ends at the end of the month or early Dec.

Return to Top
#457235 - 11/15/05 09:14 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
You near Ann Arbor?

Return to Top
#457236 - 11/15/05 09:16 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
jason Offline
100 Club
Almost Heaven
monday the 21st hear in wv. i will be going that morning but need to be at work by noon. my good boss let me take the morning off. but i wont be able to hunt again until thanksgiving day.

good luck to all going

<><

Return to Top
#457237 - 11/15/05 09:16 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
My walking rifle is a Ruger .44 mag carbine, about 4.5 pounds. My sitting rifle is a Rem 7400 30.06.

Now RegC, you cannot shoot much with that thing slung on your shoulder!

Return to Top
#457238 - 11/15/05 09:19 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Agreed.
Good luck, all. And hope everyone returns safely.

Return to Top
#457239 - 11/15/05 09:20 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

My walking rifle is a Ruger .44 mag carbine, about 4.5 pounds. My sitting rifle is a Rem 7400 30.06.

Now RegC, you cannot shoot much with that thing slung on your shoulder!

It's a .270
I forget the weight. But it doesn't bother me much.

Return to Top
#457240 - 11/15/05 09:26 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
RegC, not too far about 30 minutes. Go there, but not enough. I love it in AA. Friends just moved to Dexter so I will probably spend more time in AA. They are only about 10 minutes away. They reminded me about the rifle season because she heard the shooting and called to ask how close can they shoot by her house.

Return to Top
#457241 - 11/15/05 09:28 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

RegC, not too far about 30 minutes. Go there, but not enough. I love it in AA. Friends just moved to Dexter so I will probably spend more time in AA. They are only about 10 minutes away. They reminded me about the rifle season because she heard the shooting and called to ask how close can they shoot by her house.

I just had a growler of beer from The AA Brewing Company. Finished it last night.

You should try it.
Next up is Grizzlty Peak Brewing Company.

Return to Top
#457242 - 11/15/05 10:08 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Been to Grizzely and it is good, the food I mean. Husband is the beer drinker and had some good brews. If you are in the mood for a nice restaurant, try The Earle. French and Italian provenciel food and huge wine bar. They let you taste before ordering almost all of their wines. A little pricey but it is good and I think it's across the street from Grizzely. For as often as I've gone there, I rarely do the driving so I don't remember how to get to places. There is also a "real" Irish pub that we've been to that has good beer and Irish food. Don't want to hijack so I'll let this get back to deer hunting. Just that you hit on my favorite town around these parts. We would love to live there and constantly look for "affordable" homes.

Return to Top
#457243 - 11/15/05 10:33 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Anonymous
Unregistered

Missouri's opened on the 12th. Able to do 2 days in the stand (public land, you really don't want to walk around to much), saw zero deer. Seems we had an outstanding acorn mast so the deer to don't have to move much to get something to eat. Hitting it again this next weekend.

Seadevil

Return to Top
#457244 - 11/16/05 01:13 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

Missouri's opened on the 12th. Able to do 2 days in the stand (public land, you really don't want to walk around to much), saw zero deer. Seems we had an outstanding acorn mast so the deer to don't have to move much to get something to eat. Hitting it again this next weekend.

Seadevil

We have acorns all over the forest floor.
It's like walking on marbles.

Good luck to you.

And I agree about not wanting to be down on the floor while on public land.

Return to Top
#457245 - 11/16/05 01:57 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
On Friday evening 11/25, my friend and I will make the trek north, from just north of the Mason/Dixon line through the following PA tourist meccas of: Pleasant Gap, Bellefonte, Lock Haven, and finally Renovo to reach the hunting mecca of Tamarack on the Clinton/Potter border. The beer will be chilling, the fire will be blazing and the deer will be safe. Good Luck this season may it be a safe one.

Return to Top
#457246 - 11/16/05 02:02 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

On Friday evening 11/25, my friend and I will make the trek north, from just north of the Mason/Dixon line through the following PA tourist meccas of: Pleasant Gap, Bellefonte, Lock Haven, and finally Renovo to reach the hunting mecca of Tamarack on the Clinton/Potter border. The beer will be chilling, the fire will be blazing and the deer will be safe. Good Luck this season may it be a safe one.

Have fun, Rock.

Return to Top
#457247 - 11/16/05 02:25 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
We always do whether we see anything or not. This thread is almost spooky as I was just thinking leaving the house this morning how I cannot wait to get away from here and go to a simpler and slower way of life just for a few days. Our cabin has no running water and no toilet. Man, when its cold you sure dont mess around reading the paper. So RegC where ever you are in Penn's Woods have fun and know at least one other BOLer will be there enjoying the beauty and simplicity of it all, too.

Return to Top
#457248 - 11/16/05 02:33 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
No, Rock.
Never been there. The place I really want to look into more is an area called Cook's Forest.

I'm getting geared up, too. I imagine as soon as the winds get brisker and there is some snow, I'll be even more excited. Which looks like soon.

Return to Top
#457249 - 11/16/05 06:21 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
Quote:

Lock Haven has one of the best trout streams in the state. My dad grew up there and we went fishing on a regular basis.

I will be heading a bit south this weekend....to WVa for Rifle Season. Will be there for the whole week. We have 40 acres of private land to hunt on. Can't Wait!

Return to Top
#457250 - 11/16/05 06:26 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
jason Offline
100 Club
Almost Heaven
where at in wva?

<><

Return to Top
#457251 - 11/16/05 06:31 PM Re: Pennsylvania Rifle Season
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
near Springfield. North East corner of the state.

Return to Top