Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#462870 - 11/28/05 09:38 PM Stanford University
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my opinion, Stanford University is the best, and one of the most expensive, universities in the country. I have a nearly three year-old grandson whom I would love to get accepted at Stanford. As he begins his life in school in about a year and a half, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have so that in about a dozen years, he'll be prepared for the admission process?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#462871 - 11/28/05 09:41 PM Re: Stanford University
ZGuy20 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

In my opinion, Stanford University is the best, and one of the most expensive, universities in the country. I have a nearly three year-old grandson whom I would love to get accepted at Stanford. As he begins his life in school in about a year and a half, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have so that in about a dozen years, he'll be prepared for the admission process?

Wow..... sad.... sad sad.......

Return to Top
#462872 - 11/28/05 09:50 PM Re: Stanford University
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tell him to be an athlete. Tell him too study very hard. Otherwise tell him that studies have shown that those who succeed at lesser schools will do just as well. But I think you want him to go to Stanford so you can wear a Stanford sweatshirt so that people who see you will either think that you went there or that you must be remarkably smart to donate the genes that got him in to Stanford.

Return to Top
#462873 - 11/28/05 09:54 PM Re: Stanford University
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Are you serious?? The child is like 3 for crying out loud. Maybe the poor kid won't even want to go there. I think is really strange to be honest with you.

Return to Top
#462874 - 11/28/05 09:58 PM Re: Stanford University
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I think John Candy summed it up best as the title role in "Uncle Buck" when he said, "I wouldn't want to know a 5-year old who takes his academic career seriously."

Return to Top
#462875 - 11/29/05 05:28 PM Re: Stanford University
Peacock Offline
Iowa
If you think he should go there, start saving, because college tuition is going up up up. He could be just as successful by going to any other school. It will be his drive to succeed that will get him far in life.

Return to Top
#462876 - 11/29/05 05:48 PM Re: Stanford University
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I think it is great that you want your grandchild to succeed. We all want that for our kids. I know I do. But as we all know, we can't live or kids lives for them. It will or should ultimately be his decision what school, if any, he will attend. He may have different ideas when the time comes.

Return to Top
#462877 - 11/29/05 05:57 PM Re: Stanford University
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Start him on a strict diet and training regimen now. Introduce him to a football and teach him the intricacies of running an offense.

This worked well for Todd Marinovich.

(by the way, this was sarcasm)

Return to Top
#462878 - 11/29/05 06:04 PM Re: Stanford University
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bumpersticker on car I saw:

I went to Rice
I must be smart

Obviously, he'd heard "You went to Rice? You must be smart" one too many times.

Return to Top
#462879 - 11/29/05 06:05 PM Re: Stanford University
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
wow, we are a bit harsh today, must be the Thanksgiving backlash. Many people expect that their child/grandchild will attend the same university that they attended. It is often planned even before the child is born. Many others wish to have their offspring attend prestigous universities, and beginning that process early is not unwise. For a learning experience today, research how Stanford university came to be...might teach you something about jumping to conclusions about people.

Return to Top
#462880 - 11/29/05 06:28 PM Re: Stanford University
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Pfft...you're pathetic. How could you possibly be thinking about sending your grandchild to Standford? I can't believe you...Yale is where it's at. Booyah!

Return to Top