BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#468159 - 12/09/05 11:46 AM SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Up early this morning to make sure hubbie and I can get to work with all this "lovely, beautiful, sparkly, fun" snow the Chicago area got last night!!!!!!!!!! Glad I wasn't on that Southwest flight at Midway last night that went off the runway. We were going to fly to Pittsburgh for the Steeler/Bears game (and visit family of-course ) but decided to cancel with all the snow here and there. Nothing like driving in the Pittsburgh area in a snow storm! I know the storm "gifted" a lot of us yesterday and some will be hit today, so - how you all doing today?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#468160 - 12/09/05 12:53 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Took the train into Philadelphia this morning to avoid a very messy drive.

Return to Top
#468161 - 12/09/05 01:19 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Working from home today...

Return to Top
#468162 - 12/09/05 01:29 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I had a Christmas tree staked down in my front yard and when I woke up this morning the wind had blown it over. We didn't get a ton of snow, but the wind and temperatures are brutal today and the roads are icy.

Return to Top
#468163 - 12/09/05 01:32 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
No snow here Temps are going to be in the 50's. We had rain yesterday. The weather is supposed to clear today and be beautiful this weekend. Tomorrow night is our Bank Christmas Party. I here it's a lot of fun.

Return to Top
#468164 - 12/09/05 02:01 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
DQ....Me too!!! Lucky us!

Return to Top
#468165 - 12/09/05 02:05 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Took the train into Philadelphia this morning to avoid a very messy drive.

Of course, that drive can be messy in any weather.

I walked to work today through our 6" and still falling. Hopefully my son will have my driveway cleaned out by lunchtime.

Return to Top
#468166 - 12/09/05 02:07 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dominate driving in the snow. Too bad other people act like they've never seen it before. Only 1/2 late here.

Ronzie the Snowman

Return to Top
#468167 - 12/09/05 02:13 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

I dominate driving in the snow. Too bad other people act like they've never seen it before. Only 1/2 late here.

Ronzie the Snowman

well down here in tx we don't know how to drive in the ice/snow its scary especially when the ice is like an inch or more and you know you are "ice skating" with your car

Return to Top
#468168 - 12/09/05 02:16 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Last night was far worse in Indy than this morning. Took me 2 hours to get home (normal 20 minute commute). One of the Pacers players didn't make it to the game until half time because traffic was so bad.

ZD

Return to Top
#468169 - 12/09/05 02:17 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I was ice skating with my car to work today. We were supposed to get a lot of snow, but we only got about an inch or so with a whole bunch of ice. It was not fun at all, especially at 6am.

Return to Top
#468170 - 12/09/05 02:22 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Last night was far worse in Indy than this morning. Took me 2 hours to get home (normal 20 minute commute). One of the Pacers players didn't make it to the game until half time because traffic was so bad.

ZD

Croshere. Good game too. I played in high school against that lithuanian point gard. he came to the states in high school and ended up in this really rural town in lancaster county pa.

Return to Top
#468171 - 12/09/05 02:23 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

I was ice skating with my car to work today. We were supposed to get a lot of snow, but we only got about an inch or so with a whole bunch of ice. It was not fun at all, especially at 6am.

yea its only fun at about 11pm-3am me and the bf went out and had fun!! we did 360 his car is rear wheel drive and no one was out, and all of our friends had to go home b/c their moms told them they couldn't go out! it was fun we were slippin and slidin all over the place!! and going down hills was awesome!!! we had a good time we even ice skated with our shoes, at our apt complex it was like a really big skating rink b/c the sand trucks don't go in there everything was ice!!

Return to Top
#468172 - 12/09/05 03:49 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Temps are moving up slowly from single digits this week to the 30s by next week. But this snow is bugging me. An inch every other day. I would rather we get 6 inches at once, (preferably on the weekend), then be clear the rest of the week. I miss the sun!

Return to Top
#468173 - 12/09/05 03:50 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati got about 4 inches at rush hour yesterday. Shockingly, the roads were clear this morning.

We do expect a bit more over the weekend, however.

Return to Top
#468174 - 12/09/05 04:17 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
8 inches here.

Return to Top
#468175 - 12/09/05 04:29 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

8 inches here.

lol! but seriously...
Last edited by Ron Mexico; 12/09/05 04:30 PM.
Return to Top
#468176 - 12/09/05 04:30 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Ron get your mind outa the gutter!

Return to Top
#468177 - 12/09/05 04:31 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Oh, were we talking about snow?

Return to Top
#468178 - 12/09/05 04:32 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Oh good lord.

Return to Top
#468179 - 12/09/05 06:27 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Back to the snow. We had 6 inches on the ground when we awoke. Plows came thru around 11AM, now the driveway is blocked. All the schools are closed. Ok, enough for the season, now lets get some sun and see the ground.

Return to Top
#468180 - 12/09/05 08:06 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Are you crazy? This is beautiful and 6 inches of snow closed the schools? Was there a lot of wind? Where do you live - somewhere where you do not normally get snow?

I love the stuff and can't wait to escape this place and go snowmobiling!

Return to Top
#468181 - 12/09/05 10:18 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys think you have it bad. Here is the 5-day Milwaukee forecast.

http://www.tmj4.com/_content/weather/

Return to Top
#468182 - 12/09/05 10:43 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
SkiDoo I live in SE Michigan. I hate snow. There's something about getting older and living in this climate that happens to most of us. I don't know anyone around here that revels in the thought of snow. No one says "Oh goody it's going to snow", except for kids and teachers. The schools never closed when I was a kid, we always went, but now they are afraid of lawsuits if the bus has an accident or a kid or teacher slips on the snow and ice. Every single school in SE MI was closed today. Working parents are stuck, banks don't cut any slack for parents and people are idiots. It took my husband and kid about an hour to shovel (no we don't have a snow blower because someone in the family thinks shoveling is good exercise). I could live with snow on Christmas morning and I would have my fill. I used to snowmobile, cross country and down hill ski, tobaggin, skate, etc. but none of that excites me anymore. Give me sun, summer, and 70 degrees. I won't even venture into our hot tub in the winter anymore. If I never see snow in my life again, I will be happy. At least I now have a garage for my car, first time in my life. Can't wait to move someplace warm, not hot, just warm and sunny.

Return to Top
#468183 - 12/09/05 11:01 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Maybe we should switch jobs? I'm in IL though so you won't get much more sun here! My husband and I would move up north in a heartbeat if we thought we could find jobs.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy the snow anymore. I don't like to drive in it (mostly because of others), but otherwise - I love how it slows everyone down and looks so beautiful. I have to admit, I didn't think about it from the lawsuit perspective (and I'm a paralegal!), but generally, if it is a natural occurrence (act of God) you can't be responsible, but you still have the hassle of proving that fact.

BTW, it took me 45 minutes to shovel a path down my 80' long driveway this morning. Thankfully - this was a light, fluffy snow or I would probably be dead! My hubbie thinks it's great exercise too -but he's in Colorado snowmobiling right now - so guess who gets the exercise! Although, I am sure he will be digging his sled out a few times and that will be pretty good exercise too!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2