Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#464287 - 12/01/05 02:42 AM Pacifists
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
There are a nmber of pacifist and liberal groups that believe if we only talk to the terrorists they will understand we mean them no harm and that they will stop their dastardly activities.

Such a group was reportedly kidnapped in Iraq yesterday. I wonder how they feel now since they are facing reality with knives at their throats, blindfolded and jammed into a room with armed captors?

I would imagine by now they are praying for a squad of Marines to come rescue them. Sadly, these are the very same people these pacifists are trying to place in jeopardy through their actions.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#464288 - 12/01/05 02:38 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

You and Bill O'Reilly and Pat Robertson should get together sometime.

Return to Top
#464289 - 12/01/05 02:51 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like a pretty informed and analytical view of the situation and positions to me.....

Return to Top
#464290 - 12/01/05 03:25 PM Re: Pacifists
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Quote:

Such a group was reportedly kidnapped in Iraq yesterday. I wonder how they feel now since they are facing reality with knives at their throats, blindfolded and jammed into a room with armed captors?

Are you getting some sort of sick pleasure out of their plight?

Return to Top
#464291 - 12/01/05 03:49 PM Re: Pacifists
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
My intent is to show the stupidity of the beliefs!

Return to Top
#464292 - 12/01/05 03:51 PM Re: Pacifists
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

My intent is to show the stupidity of the beliefs!

Sounds like a pretty informed and analytical view of the situation and positions to me.....

Return to Top
#464293 - 12/01/05 03:57 PM Re: Pacifists
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I see ... it's stupid to not want to kill someone. Interesting.

Return to Top
#464294 - 12/01/05 04:17 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think this is a textbook case of natural selection in action. You don't wander into the bear's cave to try and befriend the bear, nor do you go into a church and talk to people about Buddah.

Return to Top
#464295 - 12/01/05 04:42 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

According to Fraudman, if these people get killed, they got what's coming to them. Now, I ask you, how sick is that!?

Return to Top
#464296 - 12/01/05 04:43 PM Re: Pacifists
Raymond Offline
Platinum Poster
Raymond
The Land of OZ
I'm sincerely sorry for thier situation and I pray that they get released and can go home to their families. I also believe this a result of not understanding the reality of evil in our time.

Return to Top
#464297 - 12/01/05 04:45 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm sincerely sorry for thier situation and I pray that they get released and can go home to their families. I also believe this a result of not understanding the reality of evil in our time.

where are you going with your "reality of evil in our time" comment? what is YOUR understanding of it?

Return to Top
#464298 - 12/01/05 04:49 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sick at all. For these pacifists to think that they are so much more aware of the situation than the terrorists that they can stroll on over and resolve it with a few words is insane and elitist. There's no misunderstanding to the terrorists... they KNOW what's going on. (even if it's not correct, do you honestly think that telling them they're mistaken is gonna make them slap their heads and go D'oh! like Homer Simpson?) It's the same thing as going up to a radical pro-lifer and politely telling them that there's a misunderstanding in the way they think... Like the above post; Natural Selection in action.

Return to Top
#464299 - 12/01/05 04:49 PM Re: Pacifists
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Ummm....can I answer that "reality of evil in our time" question?

Answer: The people who kill innocent people (even similar believers) with out restraint and indiscriminately because they want to control them.

Return to Top
#464300 - 12/01/05 04:53 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Ummm....can I answer that "reality of evil in our time" question?

Answer: The people who kill innocent people (even similar believers) with out restraint and indiscriminately because they want to control them.

not sure if that directly answers the question or comprehends the enormity of the issue. that is kind of why i want to hear raymond's view.

Return to Top
#464301 - 12/01/05 05:04 PM Re: Pacifists
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Is the "reality of evil in our time" any worse than it has ever been?

Return to Top
#464302 - 12/01/05 05:23 PM Re: Pacifists
Raymond Offline
Platinum Poster
Raymond
The Land of OZ
I try to avoid commenting on anonymous posts because it’s a lot like chasing lighting bugs. But, here it goes...

The reality is that you cannot argue, persuade, negotiate, or coexist with evil. Evil wants nothing more than to defeat you. The only way for you to win is to defeat evil before it defeats you.

For these peace activists to go over to Iraq and think that they were going to change anything is naive at best, just plain stupid at worst. They set themselves up for defeat before they even boarded the plane. The crazies in Iraq that are fighting and blowing themselves up were not going to listen to anything these activists had to say. And if they wanted to change America’s mind, they should have stayed here and joined Cindy Sheehan down in Crawford.

And now they’re being used as bargaining chips. Why? Because they didn’t understand evil and they didn’t understand the dynamics of the situation in Iraq.

Return to Top
#464303 - 12/01/05 05:27 PM Re: Pacifists
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
According to the Iraquis it's us that is pure evil. Plus, I'm sure we have spilled some innocent blood during the course of this war so does that make us evil and make the Iraquis right?

Return to Top
#464304 - 12/01/05 05:28 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bravo Raymond. My thoughts exactly!

Return to Top
#464305 - 12/01/05 05:39 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

I try to avoid commenting on anonymous posts because it’s a lot like chasing lighting bugs. But, here it goes...

"The reality is that you cannot argue, persuade, negotiate, or coexist with evil. Evil wants nothing more than to defeat you. The only way for you to win is to defeat evil before it defeats you."

Raymond, this sounds rather cliche and "stay the course". I don't believe that your view truly appreciates teh situation. Correct me if I am wrong but you view the problem as though it is a matter of simply killing a finite number of rodents. However, these rodents will multiply due to (perverse) ideological reasons, but reasons nonetheless. This policy or view that we can simply remove the problem like a decaying tooth is a bit short-sighted. I am not a pacifist by any stretch. But I also appreciate that there is more to dealing with the situation than following one's own righteous ideology. MichelleDawn made a very telling point about perspectives involved. Unless you are of a mind to believe Wolfowitz when he said that we would simply be welcomed into Baghdad as liberators. While this is not exactly the same issue, it illustrates a myopic belief in the dangers of being consumed by one's own ideology.

Return to Top
#464306 - 12/01/05 05:40 PM Re: Pacifists
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

According to the Iraquis it's us that is pure evil. Plus, I'm sure we have spilled some innocent blood during the course of this war so does that make us evil and make the Iraquis right?

I think there is a difference between casualties of war and cutting off heads for video.

Return to Top
#464307 - 12/01/05 05:43 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I think there is a difference between casualties of war and cutting off heads for video.

To both Whodunit and MichelleDawn: Emotionalizing the issue is not helpful either. Nobody is justifying the terrorists' methods. But a solution will not not be found by approaching the issue from this angle.

Return to Top
#464308 - 12/01/05 05:44 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

You obviously aren't aware of how many civilian casualties the US military has created during this war. The estimates from an independant council are in the 100's of thousands... too bad the US doesn't keep tabs on civie deaths.

Return to Top
#464309 - 12/01/05 05:46 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

Add the other anon to the list:
Emotionalizing the issue is not helpful either. Nobody is justifying the terrorists' methods. But a solution will not not be found by approaching the issue from this angle.

Return to Top
#464310 - 12/01/05 05:55 PM Re: Pacifists
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To both Whodunit and MichelleDawn: Emotionalizing the issue is not helpful either. Nobody is justifying the terrorists' methods. But a solution will not not be found by approaching the issue from this angle.

There is nothing emotional about my post. I just simply stated the fact that in the case of war evil is going to depend on what side of the fence you sit on.

Return to Top
#464311 - 12/01/05 05:56 PM Re: Pacifists
Anonymous
Unregistered

War,
HUH!
Good Gawd ya'll!
Wha-at is it good for?
Absolutely Nothin'!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4