Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#493573 - 02/06/06 03:37 AM Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Superbowl Champs - what more can be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to Pittsburgh to watch the game with family, the city is a sea of black and gold and wild tonight. Think anyone will mind if I show up for work in Hinsdale, Il tomorrow in my Steeler shirt????

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#493574 - 02/06/06 04:12 AM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
annie 732 Offline
annie 732
PA
Yay Steelers! So much traffic in the city on a Sunday night, but well worth it, right? And so many cars honking their horns like crazy all night. I love it!!!!!

Pittsburgh definitely wouldnt even feel this great if the Penguins or Pirates would have won.

Congratulation Steelers!

Return to Top
#493575 - 02/06/06 02:12 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Feels good!

Return to Top
#493576 - 02/06/06 02:15 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
All I have to say is the refs gave that game to the Steelers. The TD by Seattle early on that was called Offensive PI was incidental contact. The TD run by Ben did not get the nose of the ball over the goal line, yet it wasn't overturned.

Return to Top
#493577 - 02/06/06 02:21 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

All I have to say is the refs gave that game to the Steelers. The TD by Seattle early on that was called Offensive PI was incidental contact. The TD run by Ben did not get the nose of the ball over the goal line, yet it wasn't overturned.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Return to Top
#493578 - 02/06/06 02:22 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here.

If I was a Seattle fan I would be ticked. But if I was a Pitt fan I would think we won. The TD by Ben was the right call, but the TD pass by Hasselback s/b a TD. Either way it was a good game, but what was the deal with Mike not shaking Bills hand.

BTW BF, a push off is not incidental contact.

Return to Top
#493579 - 02/06/06 02:24 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here again.

I played corner in College. When two players go for the ball and there is touching it is called incidental contact. When one player shoves another away so he will have an uncontested catch for a TD, that is called pass interference.

Return to Top
#493580 - 02/06/06 02:28 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
I was going for the Seahawks myself but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the refs lost them the game. That interference actually was the correct call IMO, it was a very blatant pushoff which he may have gotten away with if he didnt extend his arms and make it so obvious... once you pass those first 5 yards you just cant do much of anything, especially right in front of the ref... And the run by Ben was VERY close - he didnt land over the goal line because of a hit at the last second as he was going down but it looked like he may have gone over the line while he was in the air and that would count too.

Return to Top
#493581 - 02/06/06 02:31 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Everyone is blaming the refs for the game outcome.
Whatever. So many games have questionable calls these days, it’s almost the norm.
IMHO, it’s over, the Steelers won, move on with life.

Return to Top
#493582 - 02/06/06 02:35 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
YEAH Pittsburgh. A longtime Steelers fan, I'm thrilled. Glad to see Bettis get a big win before he retired.

Return to Top
#493583 - 02/06/06 02:51 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
I didn't really care who won. But, I won lots of money on that game! Woohoo~~~~~

Return to Top
#493584 - 02/06/06 02:55 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

No matter how touchy the contact was, when you push off right in front of an official, you are going to be called for interferance. Also, Ben's arm carrying the ball was over the goal line before he got pushed back. This = touchdown!!!

Go Steelers!!!

Return to Top
#493585 - 02/06/06 03:01 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
The push off is not incidental in a crucial game. It may have prevented the Steeler from making a play. As for Ben, it seemed clear to me that the nose of the ball broke the plane while in the air above the goal line and was then shoved back by the Hawks defender. If it breaks the plane above, then it is a TD. The judge was right there and had the best angle on the ball.

Part of football are the breaks you win and lose. Lord knows the Steelers have had quite a few go against them. The key is playing well enough to overcome any bad breaks. The much touted Hawks offense just did not do that. If they were so good, why didn't they just keep marching down field and scoring? Alexander . . . I like him. But, the Steelers effectively stopped him just as they have every other running back during the year (except Edgerin in the one game.)

The problem for the Hawks . . . they had to play the Steelers . . . a team that wanted it more . . . not just for themselves . . . but for Jerome, Rooney and for Cowher, the one they said could not do it.

Return to Top
#493586 - 02/06/06 03:16 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I didn’t care who won this game, I couldn’t hate either team.

I wish it was more exciting, i.e. more scoring. The big plays were nice, Parker’s run and Randel El’s touchdown pass, I just like lots of scoring.

Congrats Pittsburgh, I wonder how Ron is liking their fans this morning?

Now’s the time to start predicting next year’s teams.

AFC – Bengals
NFC – Buccaneers

Return to Top
#493587 - 02/06/06 03:40 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Congratulations Steelers. Welcome to the Championship club. Just disregard the naysayers. Just ask them who has the Championship trophy and ring. As I recall, even if they are correct about all of their complaints, the Steelers still keep the trophy and the rings. Congratulations!!!!

...and...

Hook'em Horns (the other Football Champions!)

Return to Top
#493588 - 02/06/06 03:44 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
It wasn't pretty, and I'd be pretty ticked if I was a Seahawk fan, but I'll take it. The Steelers have been on the short-end of some poorly officiated games (see the Colts game), and it stinks, but that's how the NFL is these days.

COWHER POWER!!!!

Return to Top
#493589 - 02/06/06 03:49 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Shemp here.

If I was a Seattle fan I would be ticked. But if I was a Pitt fan I would think we won. The TD by Ben was the right call, but the TD pass by Hasselback s/b a TD. Either way it was a good game, but what was the deal with Mike not shaking Bills hand.

BTW BF, a push off is not incidental contact.

You're right, a push off is not incidental contact, but that was no push off.

Return to Top
#493590 - 02/06/06 03:52 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

AFC – Bengals
NFC – Buccaneers

I'm a bigtime Bengals fan, but with Carson's injury, don't count us in yet. Without Carson, as the Steelers showed when they sent Kimo to hurt him, the Bengals are not the same team. We may lose Kitna in the offseason, which may be good or bad depending on who we replace him with.

Return to Top
#493591 - 02/06/06 03:53 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Yes, I was wondering why Holgrum didn't shake hand's, poor sportsmanship / thought he was robbed? Still, that just doesn't seem right.

Return to Top
#493592 - 02/06/06 03:54 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Yes, I was wondering why Holgrum didn't shake hand's, poor sportsmanship / thought he was robbed? Still, that just doesn't seem right.

I wouldn't shake Spittster's hand either after a game. It's not sanitary.

PS: Can anyone explain how a guy who looks like Bill had children who looked so good?

Return to Top
#493593 - 02/06/06 03:56 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Bill's good looking. Men are never a great judge of other men's attractiveness.

Return to Top
#493594 - 02/06/06 04:00 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Peepers Offline
10K Club
If the genes of Bill Cowher and Jay Leno were mixed with Chyna (from WWF), could the baby hold its head up from the weight of its chin?

I think not!

Return to Top
#493595 - 02/06/06 04:06 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

AFC – Bengals
NFC – Buccaneers

I'm a bigtime Bengals fan, but with Carson's injury, don't count us in yet. Without Carson, as the Steelers showed when they sent Kimo to hurt him, the Bengals are not the same team. We may lose Kitna in the offseason, which may be good or bad depending on who we replace him with.

I thought that Palmer was going to be fine with rehab (the last I read about it that is).

If he is, then they could be really good.

If not, then Pittsburgh, in my opinion, will be back.

Return to Top
#493596 - 02/06/06 04:20 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
First of all, let me send my congratulations to the Steelers fans. They were the better team and it showed.

That said and not to spoil your victory celebration, but that was not a very entertaining Super Bowl. Not necessarily the game, but just everything involved. Aaron Neville singing the National Anthem to the Rolling Stones halftime show, to the game being somewhat slow and boring. Mick Jagger, are you kidding me? That was the worst halftime performance since I can remember. If I looked and dance like he did, I would go into hibernation for the rest of my life. Does he really think he looks good in the outfits he wears with his 70 year old flabby skin hanging down. Sorry to be a downer this morning, but I was disappointed in the Super Bowl this year.

Still, congratulations to the Steelers!

Return to Top
#493597 - 02/06/06 04:21 PM Re: Here We Go Steelers - Superbowl Champs!!!!!
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Congrats to the Steelers from a Cowboy fan.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3