dreaming of a warm beach......
My tan from Mexico is fading fast!

Return to Top
#527609 - 04/05/06 09:29 PM Re: Tan
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i love tannign when i dont have to try.... i just ang out in my bikini on the weekends, and do stuff, liek yard work, or play with my animals, or wash the car, or go hiking....and its so warm and sunny out and i end up tan. my mom and i have some funny pics of us wearing bikinis, tennis shoes, leather work gloves, and hauling dirt and rocks in a wheel barrow (with my dog riding on the pil eof dirt ). thats the best way to tan

Return to Top
#527610 - 04/05/06 09:32 PM Re: Tan
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
~*OMG*~ this is my most favorite activity in the summer i lay a nice beach towel out on my back lawn lather on the oil put in a fav cd and or fav radio station,get a drink preferably water, and a spray bottle oh sunglasses and a book, i hate indoor tanning, actually i love it i just don't like the color the color from the outside looks way better then a tanning bed, next fav way to get extras dark go to the lake the murky water reflects the sun better and i love water skiing and anything have to do with the lake, even jumping of cliffs at lake ufalla(sp)

Return to Top
#527611 - 04/05/06 09:35 PM Re: Tan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does my farmer tan count?

Return to Top
#527612 - 04/05/06 09:35 PM Re: Tan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here. My tan is wierd. I am a slav so I have more of an olive color. But my brother took after my mom and he looks more golden when he tans. I wish I had that.

Return to Top
#527613 - 04/05/06 09:37 PM Re: Tan
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Ouch...just thinking about one summer I was so stupid... I wanted to tan fast... so I used baby oil... and I got a great tan... yet I could hardly stand any articles of clothing touching me for at least a week... lesson I learned... never ever use baby oil! LOL....

Return to Top
#527614 - 04/05/06 09:37 PM Re: Tan
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
that would be Eufuala, if you are referring to the one in Eastern Oklahoma. It is a good lake to go to.

Return to Top
#527615 - 04/05/06 09:38 PM Re: Tan
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I went on a river trip one time, burned my head, feet, and belly.

Return to Top
#527616 - 04/05/06 09:39 PM Re: Tan
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
My dad was part Native American/Canadian. My mom and I are lighter than him. We used to tease him that all he had to do was sit under an umbrella on a warm sunny day and he'd tan. We'd have to spend hours in the sun to get a little color. Be careful you guys, skin cancer is on the rise!

Return to Top
#527617 - 04/05/06 09:40 PM Re: Tan
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

lemme guess that's from leanin back in a tube floatin down the river drinkin a beer

Return to Top
#527618 - 04/05/06 09:40 PM Re: Tan
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

that would be Eufuala, if you are referring to the one in Eastern Oklahoma. It is a good lake to go to.

yep that's the one!!

Return to Top
#527619 - 04/05/06 09:40 PM Re: Tan
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

LOL... sorry... just got a mental pic...

Return to Top
#527620 - 04/05/06 09:41 PM Re: Tan
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

yep that's the one!!

that where to okies introduced me to Jimmy Buffet

Return to Top
#527621 - 04/05/06 09:45 PM Re: Tan
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
When I moved to OK I was told when wanting a tan to go to a tanning bed and not outside. Big mistake!I have never been burned so bad.

Return to Top
#527622 - 04/05/06 09:47 PM Re: Tan
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

When I moved to OK I was told when wanting a tan to go to a tanning bed and not outside. Big mistake!I have never been burned so bad.

What! I'm surprised.. you must not have worked up to the right time limit... I've been pink from a tanning bed before and it's nothing like a burn from the outdoor sun....

Return to Top
#527623 - 04/05/06 09:47 PM Re: Tan
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Quote:

lemme guess that's from leanin back in a tube floatin down the river drinkin a beer

it was a canoe but same difference. foot burns are the worst.

Return to Top
#527624 - 04/05/06 09:51 PM Re: Tan
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
eeew, i know...i burnt the tops of my feet and ankles once so bad, they were actully magenta! that sucked, and now there is a spot on my left ankle with a bunch of broken capillaries :-(

Return to Top
#527625 - 04/05/06 09:54 PM Re: Tan
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
Quote:

Quote:

What! I'm surprised.. you must not have worked up to the right time limit... I've been pink from a tanning bed before and it's nothing like a burn from the outdoor sun....

I was surprised with the girl at the counter because she told me that I had a dark enough complexion that I needed to go for 15 minutes, even after I told I had never tanned before.

Return to Top
#527626 - 04/05/06 09:56 PM Re: Tan
Anonymous
Unregistered

what about those spray tans they have these days???...has anyone tried that?...does it look real?/..is it expensive??...always wondered abut that, have to call a cpl of places and see if they do that around here...

Return to Top
#527627 - 04/05/06 09:56 PM Re: Tan
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
I'm going to be the party pooper here. I love the look of a tan and hit the tanning bed before vacationing in the tropics but other than that, I do not try to get tan. I usually wear sunscreen and get a light brown tan. Guess I just want my skin to look as good as possible for as long as possible. I don't tend to get very dark anyway so why cause all that damage.

Return to Top
#527628 - 04/05/06 09:57 PM Re: Tan
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Quote:

what about those spray tans they have these days???...has anyone tried that?...does it look real?/..is it expensive??...always wondered abut that, have to call a cpl of places and see if they do that around here...

Did it once for a wedding I was in. It was ok. I wouldn't do it again. It didn't last very long so seemed pretty expensive.

Return to Top
#527629 - 04/05/06 09:57 PM Re: Tan
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
yea i have a dark tone and i even start at 8 min 10 max the first time in a bed i went for 12 2 days ago and got pink, but i go at the same time at lest 3x even though it doesn't look like your getting darker you are, i used to think burn your skin then get tan b/c my burns always trun brown and don't peel, but then i realized nope i don't want to have skin cancer or wrinkles

Return to Top
#527630 - 04/05/06 10:03 PM Re: Tan
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was surprised with the girl at the counter because she told me that I had a dark enough complexion that I needed to go for 15 minutes, even after I told I had never tanned before.

That's what they told me... but I refused... never...never... do I ever go that long when I'm just starting... geesh.. she was trying to fry you... surly she doesn't have her job anymore...

Return to Top
#527631 - 04/05/06 10:14 PM Re: Tan
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
hope you guys are ready for skin cancer. My Mom has lived on a boat for almost 30 years, lives in the tropics, very dark, skin looks like leather...lost track of how many times she has had things cut off that were skin cancer...

sunscreen is your friend

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6