anyone going to see this? i can't wait.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#555499 - 05/22/06 01:29 PM Re: X-Men 3
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Being a big comic fan, I'll probably go see it. But I'm a little concerned that they made this out to be the last of the X-men movies. There's so much more potential out there.

Return to Top
#555500 - 05/22/06 01:35 PM Re: X-Men 3
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
i can't wait to go see it!!!!!! me and my brother go to these together. it looks good!

Return to Top
#555501 - 05/22/06 01:37 PM Re: X-Men 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

BF, what i've learned is that with comic book movies, never say never. I do know that they are going to be making a wolverine solo movie that should be coming out next year. the script is done and hugh jackman has already signed on.

Return to Top
#555502 - 05/22/06 01:54 PM Re: X-Men 3
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

BF, what i've learned is that with comic book movies, never say never. I do know that they are going to be making a wolverine solo movie that should be coming out next year. the script is done and hugh jackman has already signed on.

Interesting..... Wolverine is the most popular of the X-men. Me, I'd like to see more of Beast. If they screw up his character, I'm going to scream!

Return to Top
#555503 - 05/22/06 01:54 PM Re: X-Men 3
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Woo-hoo... Wolverine is my favorite character... ::dazed eyes and drool on keyboard:: LOL...

Return to Top
#555504 - 05/22/06 02:05 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I will be there with bells on. I was concerned that this was being promoted as the last movie also, but I think that has to do largely with contracts and nothing else. Expect #4 sometime 2009. Also this one is going to leave too much untied. I am not going to spoil this but if you haven't read up on the plots lookout out for major surprises.

Return to Top
#555505 - 05/22/06 02:23 PM Re: X-Men 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Kelsey Grammar was a great choice for Beast. Let's hope that I am not disappointed. So far, I've heard that this one is just as good, if not better than the first 2.

Someone is rumoured to be "cured" as well. I think it might be Mystique.

Did you see Magneto destroy the Golden Gate Bridge in the commercial? And then he is flinging the cars off the road. I think Ian McKellan was a great choice for Magneto. On a side note, he said that he wants to play Gandalf again in The Hobbit.

Return to Top
#555506 - 05/22/06 02:30 PM Re: X-Men 3
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I think Kelsey Grammar was a great choice for Beast. Let's hope that I am not disappointed. So far, I've heard that this one is just as good, if not better than the first 2.

Did you see Magneto destroy the Golden Gate Bridge in the commercial? And then he is flinging the cars off the road. I think Ian McKellan was a great choice for Magneto. On a side note, he said that he wants to play Gandalf again in The Hobbit.

The local tv station here was airing Xmen 2 as the Friday night show... how could I let that chance slip by... of course I watched it again...

Return to Top
#555507 - 05/22/06 02:34 PM Re: X-Men 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea, i watched both dvds last week to get myself refreshed. they put so many cool characters in this one; juggernaut, beast, collosus and they have the sentinels.

Return to Top
#555508 - 05/22/06 02:59 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Quote:

The local tv station here was airing Xmen 2 as the Friday night show... how could I let that chance slip by... of course I watched it again...

FOX actually showed that nationwide on Friday. I too watched it.

Return to Top
#555509 - 05/22/06 03:00 PM Re: X-Men 3
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FOX actually showed that nationwide on Friday. I too watched it.

So can we call it a date... LOL... Just teasin ya J...

Return to Top
#555510 - 05/22/06 03:03 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

yea, i watched both dvds last week to get myself refreshed. they put so many cool characters in this one; juggernaut, beast, collosus and they have the sentinels.

DONT forget Phoenix.

Return to Top
#555511 - 05/22/06 03:05 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Being a big comic fan, I'll probably go see it. But I'm a little concerned that they made this out to be the last of the X-men movies. There's so much more potential out there.

bf do you still collect? i just restarted with the new Civil War storyline it is going to be awesome. I also picked up most of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men issues.

Return to Top
#555512 - 05/22/06 03:10 PM Re: X-Men 3
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
I can hardly wait. I rented the first two this past weekend just to freshen up my memory. I am excited they brought in Beast but my favorite will always be Storm.

Return to Top
#555513 - 05/22/06 03:31 PM Re: X-Men 3
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

bf do you still collect? i just restarted with the new Civil War storyline it is going to be awesome. I also picked up most of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men issues.

No, now that I'm an adult, I can't afford to keep up with comics. They are WAY too expensive. Not individually, but in order to keep up with all the related series each month can cost a bundle.

Return to Top
#555514 - 05/22/06 03:37 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
at the $3.00 a pop it can get expensive but other than all the Civil War tie-ins I am only going to buy 5 titles a month.

Check this story BF. Nitro(the villain who killed Captain Marvell) goes nuclear and kills the New Warriors and about 600 school kids prompting the governmaent to pass an act to register all super humans, heros or villains. Anyone not complying is an immediate felon. Iron Man leads the government taskforce to bring in all who do not comply. Captain America is the leader of the resistance. Having not read a comic in 10 years I was blown away within the first 5 pages of Civil War.

Return to Top
#555515 - 05/30/06 07:08 PM Re: X-Men 3
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I saw it, I enjoyed it. Some things were changed to make it easier for non-comic people to understand, but I had no problem with that. If you haven't seen it but like the franchise you should go. Anybody want to discus the surprising deaths?

Return to Top
#555516 - 05/30/06 07:15 PM Re: X-Men 3
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
I too watched it... and enjoyed it...

Return to Top
#555517 - 05/30/06 07:22 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
***spoilers******spoilers******spoilers******spoilers******spoilers******spoilers******spoilers******spoilers***

Uh yeah! What was with all the killings?! Xavier! I can't believe she killed him. Who else, Scott and Jean. Then Magneto and hot blue chick don't even have powers anymore. I guess this is the last Xmen movie huh (possibly?). Maybe this is where the Wolverine movies will start?

Return to Top
#555518 - 05/30/06 07:27 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
nope, you didn't stay around long enough FES. It indicates Magneto has his powers back at the end, indicating the cure isn't permanent. And after the credits, Xavier returns, he switched his pysche into the body at the hospital from earlier. Look for X4 in 2009. Without Magneto as the villain, but the sentinels will come hunting mutants. Scott and Jean are both GFG as of now.

Return to Top
#555519 - 05/30/06 07:29 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Did you stay after the credits? There was a 30 sec. spot that leads you to believe there might be more.
I also don't think Scott is dead, they never showed him die, and never recovered a body, but then again if he died like the professor, then there wouldn't be a body.

Return to Top
#555520 - 05/30/06 07:30 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
the spot showed Moira in the lab and Charles Xavier's voice said Hello, Moira. He foreshadowed transferring his psyche earlier in the movie, then did it before Phoenix could kill him. He used the body of the brain dead person in the lab.

Return to Top
#555521 - 05/30/06 07:31 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Wow no I didn't see that! Well that's sweet, can't wait for 4. Aren't they making a Wolverine movie or was I just dreaming that? BTW, I really like X3. I saw it yesterday.

Return to Top
#555522 - 05/30/06 07:32 PM Re: X-Men 3 ***spoilers***
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
yeah the Wolverine movie is coming.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3