Thread Options
#570222 - 06/20/06 05:53 PM Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Dixie Chicks Natalie Maines Jumps the Shark: Now Bashes Patriots

In an article from the UK - again in the UK - she says:

"A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every (country music) video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot?"

"About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."
_____

Natalie Maines is a soulless, self-absorbed, narcissist who sees nothing of value outside herself. She's a walking blonde-joke.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#570223 - 06/20/06 05:56 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
who cares what she thinks? I sure don't lose any sleep over it, and you shouldn't either. She is a self-absorbed nitwit who has a publicist behind her saying "Natalie, you haven't been in the news all week, and you have an album to sell. Say something negative..."

And everyone falls for it...

Return to Top
#570224 - 06/20/06 05:59 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Re avatar:

I'll bet that my donkey can kick your elephant's butt!

Return to Top
#570225 - 06/20/06 06:10 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
But, you don't have a donkey, although you can be an a__, occasionally.

Return to Top
#570226 - 06/20/06 06:17 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Are you saying that you have an elephant?

Return to Top
#570227 - 06/20/06 07:14 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Natalie, I am sure France would love to have you. Au revoir

Return to Top
#570228 - 06/20/06 07:33 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Don't be so sure, France is pretty patriotic too. This dufus would probably dis the Eifel Tower or wine and cheese or something if she was a French citizen!

Return to Top
#570229 - 06/20/06 07:46 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

Don't be so sure, France is pretty patriotic too. This dufus would probably dis the Eifel Tower or wine and cheese or something if she was a French citizen!

True enough, BF, but on the military side, they haven't been able to do much flag waiving...(and when she dissed them, she wouldn't be in France, of course. Probably the UK.)

Return to Top
#570230 - 06/20/06 07:49 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
How about linking the article?
And whether I agree with her or not, I will defend her right to say it!

Return to Top
#570231 - 06/20/06 07:51 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Exactly. Why do we need to slam her or try to silence her? If that's how she feels then she has the right to say it.

Return to Top
#570232 - 06/20/06 07:55 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Exactly. Why do we need to slam her or try to silence her? If that's how she feels then she has the right to say it.

translation: *

Return to Top
#570233 - 06/20/06 07:58 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll fight anyone who tries to silence her!!! Who tried to silence her???

I'll also fight anyone who tries to silence those who slam her!!!

Someone recently started a thread devoted solely to slamming George Bush and then another devoted to slamming Britanny Spears. Why do we need threads slamming them, but not a thread slamming Natalie Maines???

Return to Top
#570234 - 06/20/06 07:59 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

Just as much as others have to say they don't care for her saying it. Why defend her right to say it, but not defend others right to say they don't like her saying it?

Return to Top
#570235 - 06/20/06 08:02 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Just as much as others have to say they don't care for her saying it. Why defend her right to say it, but not defend others right to say they don't like her saying it?

Quote:

Natalie Maines is a soulless, self-absorbed, narcissist who sees nothing of value outside herself. She's a walking blonde-joke.

That is not attacking what she said. I have no issue with those who argue what she says, but that's not what's going on from my perspective here.

Return to Top
#570236 - 06/20/06 08:02 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every [segment and feature]. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism

Faux News does this, too.

Return to Top
#570237 - 06/20/06 08:04 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Quote:

A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every [segment and feature]. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism

So Fox is wrong for being Patriotic?

Return to Top
#570238 - 06/20/06 08:05 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure, slam away! It's your right to express yourself. I don't understand why we spend so much time and energy on the Dixie Chicks but what the heck. I don't guess I'm as tuned into them as much as others so that's why I don't understand the passion. Praise her if you agree, and slam away if you don't. God bless America!!

Suzy

Return to Top
#570239 - 06/20/06 08:07 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is not attacking what she said. I have no issue with those who argue what she says, but that's not what's going on from my perspective here.

Calling her soundless and self absorbed did not take away her right to say anything. Nor did say she should not say it. Here is a buck, go buy a clue.

Return to Top
#570240 - 06/20/06 08:09 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So Fox is wrong for being Patriotic?

Are they being only patriotic? They don't have a partisan agenda that they try to further through flag-waving and other symbolism?

Return to Top
#570241 - 06/20/06 08:10 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Quote:

Because we are slamming her does not mean we are trying to silence her, now if we had her arrested and tortured or killed to "silence" her that would be different. I will also fight for her right to speak as she feels, as long as she will fight for my right to call her A MORON when I feel it is appropriate.

Return to Top
#570242 - 06/20/06 08:10 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

That's just X's way of saying, "I beg your pardon but I must disagree with what you are saying. Let's sit down and have a civil conversation about it."

Suzy

Return to Top
#570243 - 06/20/06 08:10 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Calling her soundless and self absorbed did not take away her right to say anything. Nor did say she should not say it. Here is a buck, go buy a clue.

Save your dollar for typing lessons.

Return to Top
#570244 - 06/20/06 08:13 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Supporting your country and soldiers is pandering? Wow....I guess she would have been thrilled when the Vietnam vets were spit on when returning home...

Return to Top
#570245 - 06/20/06 08:20 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Not only do I support Natalie and the Dixie Chicks for speaking out, I agree with what she says (assuming the original post is correct). Our country would be much better served with a little less patriotism and a little more common sense -- especially from Washington DC.

Return to Top
#570246 - 06/20/06 08:25 PM Re: Dixie Chicks Jump the Shark
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SP said in another thread...
"Hey, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that tough to be just like her. Tomorrow mornnig when you wake up, start by not combing your hair and the rest should fall into place."

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3