BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#589881 - 07/27/06 11:23 PM To the other pregnant BOLers
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Are you having trouble finding appropriate maternity clothes? It seems like every maternity top out there is very low cut. I can't seem to find anything that doesn't scream, "Look I am pregnant and check out my cleavage!" I have shopped all around, and online and I keep running across the same thing. I bought a bunch of camis to wear underneath to at least cover some, but we are having record highs this summer, on top of having a heater in my stomach, I really can't stand layering all of my clothes!

Guys must design maternity clothes...

OK.. I am done ranting.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#589882 - 07/28/06 01:07 PM Re: To the other pregnant BOLers
NY2004 Offline
Safety pins are your friend. Unless you can find blouses and similar button up atire, you are probably looking at finding some small safety pins. Just remember to take them out before you wash the shirt.

Return to Top
#589883 - 07/28/06 02:33 PM Re: To the other pregnant BOLers
Peacock Offline
Iowa
I have also noticed the same thing. Instead of trying to be fashion conscious and buy some of the cute tops they have out there, I have resorted to wearing v-neck tees a lot. I found some at motherhood and wal-mart. Nothing fancy, but when I wear them with dress pants they look fine for work. Much cooler than wearing 2 shirts. I was also lucky to get some hand me downs from a few years ago, apparently before cleavage was in! Hopefully with fall approaching, the stores will carry clothes that cover a little better. Good luck shopping!

Return to Top
#589884 - 07/28/06 02:39 PM Re: To the other pregnant BOLers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
It is Hollywood's fault! Haven't you noticed that all the pregnant celebrities wear as little as possible? I mean, I think it is hard to look sexy while pregnant. (Just my opinion, Ladies, I know many men out there think pregnant is hot.)

But, personally, I don't want a naked, pregnant belly in my face!

As for low cut, that is Hollywood's fault too. Every woman on TV wears low cut shirts. Do you think a woman would be taken seriously in her field of work dressed like that? I mean, other than strippers and waitstaff in risque establishments. I feel it reduces women to just a set of breasts. This is a shame, because, it does not set us apart from men; men have breasts too! And some have bigger ones than I do!

Return to Top