Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#596651 - 08/10/06 05:32 PM Flying Today
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
Did I pick a great day to travel or what? Luckily I am just flying from Tulsa to Denver so it shouldn't be as bad as some of the major airports. Has anyone else flown today?

I know I cannot take a drink, toothpaste, lipstick, lip gloss, or a "clicker" like you use to open you car door on the plane.

What about a laptop or a cell phone? I know they are looking for Casio watches as well. I just don't want to get to the airport and have to toss my laptop!!

And most importantly...are they still serving drinks on the plane?!?
Last edited by 8675309; 08/10/06 05:51 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#596652 - 08/10/06 05:34 PM Re: Flying Today
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Don't forget ANYTHING slightly liquid. Lipgloss, foundation, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Everything has to be totally solid. Plan on stopping at the drugstore when you get there! I'm sure there will still be beverages provided! Thank God!!!

Return to Top
#596653 - 08/10/06 05:35 PM Re: Flying Today
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

...lipstick, lip gloss, ...

That's to stop all the tranvestite terrorists.

Return to Top
#596654 - 08/10/06 05:41 PM Re: Flying Today
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Good luck, Jen.

Return to Top
#596655 - 08/10/06 05:42 PM Re: Flying Today
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Smilin' - aren't they banning those items from carry-on luggage- you could still have it in your checked luggage, right?

Return to Top
#596656 - 08/10/06 05:43 PM Re: Flying Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I were you I would bring a note reading "I have a bomb" to get everyone in front of you to get out of the way.

I should really cut down line time.

Return to Top
#596657 - 08/10/06 05:45 PM Re: Flying Today
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

...lipstick, lip gloss, ...

That's to stop all the tranvestite terrorists.

You only say that because you hate the government.

Return to Top
#596658 - 08/10/06 05:46 PM Re: Flying Today
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
From what I just saw on the TV you can take your laptop but the only liquids are medicine and baby formula.

My daughter is flying Monday with a 5 week old baby a 3 and 5 year old and her husband. She'll be going from Chicago to Boston. I already know she has liquid medicine for the baby, a laptop and stuff for the other two kids. Heaven help the other passengers on the plane if she is limited on the carryons with the laptop.

Jen good luck with your flight. For domestic flights they said to get their 2 hours early.

Return to Top
#596659 - 08/10/06 05:49 PM Re: Flying Today
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Smilin' - aren't they banning those items from carry-on luggage- you could still have it in your checked luggage, right?

Sorry about that! Totally correct...here are the rules:

Airport security measures

The Transportation Security Administration instituted the following measures after a terror plot in Britain was thwarted:
Liquids are banned from carry-on luggage and cannot be taken through security checkpoints. That includes drinks, toothpaste, perfume, shampoo, hair gel, suntan lotion and similar items. Drinks purchased in the airport cannot be carried onto flights.
Medications will be allowed but must be presented for inspection at security checkpoints.
Mothers can bring baby formula on board, but only after drinking it in front of security officials first.
All shoes must be removed and placed on an X-ray belt for screening.
Passengers are also asked to arrive at least two hours early to allow for additional screening.
Passengers traveling to the United Kingdom should contact their airline for information about any extra security measures or precautions that might be required. Laptop computers, mobile phones and iPods are among items banned on British flights.

Source: The Associated Press, Transportation Security Administration

Return to Top
#596660 - 08/10/06 05:57 PM Re: Flying Today
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Quote:

Mothers can bring baby formula on board, but only after drinking it in front of security officials first.

Are you kidding?? And what about Fathers??

Return to Top
#596661 - 08/10/06 06:00 PM Re: Flying Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

howzatagain? are mom's supposed to 'load up' before boarding to ensure adequate 'supplies'?

Return to Top
#596662 - 08/10/06 06:02 PM Re: Flying Today
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Are you kidding?? And what about Fathers??

On Cnn and Msnbc they said that the formula has to be dry and can be mixed after boarding the plane with water from the flight attendant.
The person that's flying with a baby should check with the airlines. I have a feeling that there is going to confusion over this for several days.

Return to Top
#596663 - 08/10/06 06:10 PM Re: Flying Today
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Aye-chi-wa-wa! I think I'll walk.

I wonder what my friend is going to do. She flew out to California to help her sister after her surgery. My friend is extremely afraid of flying, yet, she bravely flew alone to help her sister. But coming home will be hard for her. And she is not what you would call "flexible"; she NEEDS to have a bottle of water with her at all times. Heaven help those flight attendents when she gets thirsty, which is about every five minutes when she is panicking. "Stewardess? I need a drink of water now. Now. I don't care if we are taxiing to the runway. I need it NOW!" Hoo boy!

Return to Top
#596664 - 08/10/06 06:25 PM Re: Flying Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

NO SALIVA! NO SWEATING! NO LACTATING! NO RUNNY NOSES!!

Return to Top