BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#1009341 - 07/31/08 08:07 PM McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Just saw McCain interview live on CNN, and he said Obama is playing the race card to pander to peoples fears. He is specifically talking about Obama's speech where he said "People tell you not to vote for me, because I don't look like the presidents on money. They say don't vote for me cause I have a funny name." McCain is urging Obama to stop using the race card.

I'm sure the Obama camp is hastily putting together a response where they say the speeches are taken out of context...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1009345 - 07/31/08 08:10 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
What I meant to say was, people may be uncomfortable voting for someone with big egos ears.

Return to Top
#1009346 - 07/31/08 08:11 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Blade Scrapper
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
There are many reasons I can think of not to vote for Obama, neither has to do with his looks or name. in fact, I've yet to hear anyone state those are reasons not to vote for him.

Return to Top
#1009347 - 07/31/08 08:11 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
No, they're pointing out that they didn't bring up race, McCain did.

Return to Top
#1009349 - 07/31/08 08:15 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: Yossarian

"People tell you not to vote for me, because I don't look like the presidents on money. They say don't vote for me cause I have a funny name."

Nice use of plausible deniability. Not.

Return to Top
#1009356 - 07/31/08 08:23 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
buggs Offline
Power Poster

And they are a bunch of liars too. But since Obama wants to be our Daddy, we must do as he says not as he does. Right?

Return to Top
#1009357 - 07/31/08 08:23 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

that is some good kool-aid you're drinking...

Return to Top
#1009414 - 07/31/08 09:01 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore

that is some good kool-aid you're drinking...

If you recall, you said "I'm sure the Obama camp is hastily putting together a response where they say the speeches are taken out of context... " and I responded with what they are actually saying. Does any of that sound familiar?????

Return to Top
#1009419 - 07/31/08 09:03 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
buggs Offline
Power Poster
If you recall, you said "I'm sure the Obama camp is hastily putting together a response where they say the speeches are taken out of context... " and I responded with what they are actually saying. Does any of that sound familiar?????

Don't worry, Yos. I think *most* us understood that you were simply passing along information.

Return to Top
#1009420 - 07/31/08 09:03 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
There are many reasons I can think of not to vote for Obama, neither has to do with his looks or name. in fact, I've yet to hear anyone state those are reasons not to vote for him.

There were MANY comments on this very board about his name being a negative thing.

Return to Top
#1009442 - 07/31/08 09:22 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

well if you actually READ the article McCain's issue is that Barak keeps playing the card, both covertly and prominantly.

Return to Top
#1009443 - 07/31/08 09:23 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

There were MANY comments on this very board about his name being a negative thing.

In defense of a great many posters, I believe those posts were because Neo cried so much if you did use his middle name. So many posters used them to jab that finger into his ribs.

Return to Top
#1009446 - 07/31/08 09:24 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

Don't worry, Yos. I think *most* us understood that you were simply passing along information.

Obviously you have not been posting here very long. That or, you are willing to be one of the sheep.

Return to Top
#1009448 - 07/31/08 09:26 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Sound Tactic
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Pizza Guy

well if you actually READ the article McCain's issue is that Barak keeps playing the card, both covertly and prominantly.

Yes, I know that is what he says and Obama's camp says the same about him.

Return to Top
#1009449 - 07/31/08 09:28 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Sound Tactic
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
It wasn't about race! Obamamessiah's spokesman said so!

Quote:
Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said the senator was not referring to race.

“What Barack Obama was talking about was that he didn’t get here after spending decades in Washington,” Gibbs said Thursday. “There is nothing more to this than the fact that he was describing that he was new to the political scene. He was referring to the fact that he didn’t come into the race with the history of others. It is not about race.”

Right!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1009464 - 07/31/08 10:18 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Bimmer
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Obama simply meant that he doesn't have stringy gray hair or a 10-gallon hat. Nothing more. [/sarcasm]

Return to Top
#1009467 - 07/31/08 10:35 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Just saw McCain interview live on CNN, and he said Obama is playing the race card to pander to peoples fears. He is specifically talking about Obama's speech where he said "People tell you not to vote for me, because I don't look like the presidents on money. They say don't vote for me cause I have a funny name." McCain is urging Obama to stop using the race card.

Here is what Senator Obama is quoted as actually having said...

"What they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

What I want to know is what in the world his he talking about by "dollar bills?" Does he mean the $1 bill? If so, I think there has only been one president on the $1 bill. Did he mean all of the denominations of currency?

If his spin doctors think anyone really believes their spin that by talking about guys who appear "dollar bills," Senator Obama was actually referring to age and experience they are probably in for a rude awakening. I mean, let's be honest, he used the word "look." And I think the Senator may be in for a rude awakening of his own in November as well. The American people as a whole are not that stupid.

While Senator Obama is a talented individual he should be ashamed of his "dollar bills" remark.

Return to Top
#1009491 - 07/31/08 11:52 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Sound Tactic
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla

In defense of a great many posters, I believe those posts were because Neo cried so much if you did use his middle name. So many posters used them to jab that finger into his ribs.

what is the difference?! what is the reason he had felt that way?

Return to Top
#1009492 - 07/31/08 11:54 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Sound Tactic
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

Obviously you have not been posting here very long. That or, you are willing to be one of the sheep.

shemp, are you grandpa simpson?

Return to Top
#1009493 - 07/31/08 11:57 PM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Hated By Some
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Because he is a whiny baby with a penchant for making rude and inappropriate comments to female posters (bordering on stalking), an man-crush on obama greater than even you, and the inability to form an coherent opinion outside of the lyrics of a Bruce Springsteen song.

Return to Top
#1009494 - 08/01/08 12:01 AM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Blade Scrapper
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
that's sweet character assassination, but the reason is because of this BS with associating him with terrorism.

Return to Top
#1009497 - 08/01/08 12:07 AM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
So Yoss, you actually think that this statement was not about race? If Obama meant to say he didn't get old and gray as a senator/congressman, why didn't he just say that? Watch the video of it, it takes the audience a second or 2, with him posing and looking off camera, then they go crazy cheering. With the issues that his campaign has already had regarding "mis-statements", "misunderstandings", and "let me explain what he really meants" don't you think his speechwriters are going over every statement with a fine tooth comb? I think he said exactly what he meant, and his underlying tone is that it is racism.

Of course, using the arguement that he isn't a political insider from DC is funny, as he is standing on his laurels as a senator and all he has accomplished.

Then again, the current President didn't spend any time in Washington, so is this really an argument he wants to make? After all, his party decries the job President Bush has done.
Last edited by Happy Gilmore; 08/01/08 12:12 AM.

Return to Top
#1009502 - 08/01/08 12:10 AM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card HappyGilmore
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
what do you want? you know d@mn well obama was responding to outlier caricatures. don't deny that it doesn't/didn't happen. nobody here said it but don't defend everyone on the right because of synechdoche.

Return to Top
#1009504 - 08/01/08 12:14 AM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Hated By Some
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
In breaking news: McCain challenges Obama to stop speaking in public.

Return to Top
#1009506 - 08/01/08 12:16 AM Re: McCain tells Obama - stop playing race card Hrothgar Geiger
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
In further breaking news, Obama agrees to stop speaking in public. Obama's spokesman then says what he really meant was that he would stop extemporaneously speaking in public, and only follow the script that was vetted 4-times over by his speechwriters, and that if he does attempt to speak off the cuff, he will ask that the cameras be turned off.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7