Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1048202 - 09/23/08 03:53 PM School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets
buggs Offline
Power Poster
School officials claim that don't know who the school bus driver was, but he may have acted inappropriately. They have launched an investigation.

Read Article

"May have" acted inappropriately? Now that's what I call leaving your options open.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1048214 - 09/23/08 04:00 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets buggs
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Depends how the kid was acting... I may have dumped him out as well...

Return to Top
#1048219 - 09/23/08 04:01 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets #Just Jay
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Hi, JJ.

Return to Top
#1048233 - 09/23/08 04:10 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets BowlingQueen
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Hey there, BQ

Return to Top
#1048270 - 09/23/08 04:30 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets #Just Jay
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
How was your weekend? Do anything fun?

Return to Top
#1048285 - 09/23/08 04:40 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets BowlingQueen
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Cleaned out the basement... worked up a sweat

Return to Top
#1048304 - 09/23/08 04:49 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets #Just Jay
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Bugs, I wonder why the guy didn't bring the boy back to the school like he was supposed to...

Return to Top
#1048323 - 09/23/08 05:00 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets Retired DQ
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Maybe he was late for a very important date, and didn't have time to drive back to the school...

Return to Top
#1048328 - 09/23/08 05:02 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets Becka Marr
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
No, it wasn't in his/her job description....

::desk rage warning::

Return to Top
#1048370 - 09/23/08 05:16 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets East Texas
opsoff Offline
Diamond Poster
opsoff
Probably at the Dentist
I'm still trying to figure out how they could not know which bus he was on? Unless he wandered a good distance from the street he was dropped on, it should be pretty easy to tell who was driving the bus in that area that day.

On a side note to this, I've noticed more and more of our bus drivers around here talking on their cell phones while driving with kids on board. I find it very disturbing.

Return to Top
#1048435 - 09/23/08 05:42 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets opsoff
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I was going to say, how does the school not know who the bus driver was? How many busses do thay have for that school? They should at least have a short list of people it could be and be able to tell, from the route the boy travelled, who the driver was. Wow, some people...

Return to Top
#1048493 - 09/23/08 06:16 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets Dip
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I'm glad the boy is OK. I got lost once on my first day of third grade. I was at a new school and had to walk home. My school was on a very busy street in Canoga Park, California. Not being familar with the area, when I exited the playground, I turned right when I should have turned left. After I walked awhile and noticed that nothing looked familiar, I realized I was lost. I remember being pretty scared. I saw a man loading newpapers into a vending machine, so I asked him if he knew where my street was. He asked me if I was lost and I told him I was.

I was just a dumb third grader (and remember this was in the '60s) but I got into his truck and he drove me to my house and dropped me off. Many years later I realized how lucky I was to run into someone who was actually honest and not a kidnapper, or worse.

Return to Top
#1048643 - 09/23/08 07:57 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets buggs
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Oh my gosh Bugs, I got lost there once too, I used to go to Limerick School, early 70's though. Saw my kindergarten teacher with her purse and figured it was time to go home so I just left.

My son got left alone by the bus driver three times when he was in kindergarten...wasn't even supposed to be on the bus...we don't go to that school anymore.
Last edited by Boatn Shasta; 09/23/08 07:59 PM.

Return to Top
#1048873 - 09/23/08 10:56 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets bOaty
buggs Offline
Power Poster
You got lost in Canoga Park too? I went to Canoga Park Elementary School on Topanga Canyon Blvd. We lived on Randi Ave. real close to Topanga Canyon Plaza. I took my very first piano lessons at a music store at Topanga Canyon Plaza.

We moved away in 1970 so I have no idea what this area is like these days.
Last edited by Bugs Bunny; 09/24/08 01:52 AM.
Return to Top
#1048881 - 09/23/08 11:06 PM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets buggs
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
That's funny, small world.....I can still see the orange tiles (weren't they orange? or am I thinking of somewehre else?) that they had in that mall, it got a really big makeover after the earthquake.

We moved to Sepulveda (now known as North Hills) and lived
across from the Budweiser brewry the very next year and then ended up moving away from the Valley completely. My relatives still lived there until just a couple of years ago and I would visit.

You're not missing much. It's no where that I'd want to live now, that's for sure.

Return to Top
#1048901 - 09/24/08 12:51 AM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets bOaty
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
being male, I have a keen sense of direction and have never been lost...but, pretty sad that this kid was just dropped at teh end of the line...any bets on whether it is a union bus driver and the union will come to his defense?

Return to Top
#1048908 - 09/24/08 01:55 AM Re: School Bus Dumps Child in New York City Streets bOaty
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Boatn Shasta
That's funny, small world.....I can still see the orange tiles (weren't they orange? or am I thinking of somewehre else?) that they had in that mall, it got a really big makeover after the earthquake.

I don't really remember too much about the mall except that it had 104 stores (that was a big deal to them) and an ice rink. I do, however, remember a place called "Hamburger Hamlet" at a place called, I think, "Fallbrook Plaza" and I remember Lucky's Supermarket.

Return to Top