Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1393893 - 05/20/10 03:07 PM Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide!
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Landis admits doping, and fingers Armstrong

Quote:
NEW YORK – Disgraced American cyclist Floyd Landis has admitted to systematic use of performance-enhancing drugs and accused seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong of involvement in doping, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title for doping but had always denied cheating, sent a series of e-mails to cycling officials and sponsors acknowledging and detailing his long-term use of banned drugs, the newspaper said.

The report said Landis wrote in the e-mails that he started doping in 2002, his first year racing with the U.S. Postal Service team led by Armstrong.

So, do you think he's telling the truth now that Lance Armstrong got him involved in cheating, or is he just sowing his bitter grapes to taint others since he couldn't get away with lying and saying he hadn't doped in the first place?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1393966 - 05/20/10 03:41 PM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! B_F
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
No secret that Lance and Floyd and not exactly going to celebrate the holidays together. So I'm not sure his accusaction carries a lot of weight for me.

I would doubt that any athlete has been tested more often than Lance and to my knowledge he has yet to pop a positive test. So I really want to believe him. But unfortunately, based on the past few years' developments, all athletes have lost the presumption of innocence for me. And that is more true in cycling than in any other sport.

Return to Top
#1394004 - 05/20/10 04:03 PM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! Confused Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Floyd Landis is to professional cycling what the Bengals are to professional football.

Return to Top
#1394014 - 05/20/10 04:22 PM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! HappyGilmore
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
With Lance having all his previous cancer battles, and testing out the kazoo during his cycling career, I doubt that he cheated.

I am disappointed in Landis though...

Return to Top
#1394105 - 05/20/10 05:28 PM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! Quadspapa
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Unfortunatley I am like CB...nothing seems to surprise me any longer. What happened to the days when your word really meant something...like the TRUTH & honor! smirk

Return to Top
#1394399 - 05/21/10 02:45 AM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! KTMiteComply
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Someone say "CB"??? laugh oh, you were talking to the cooler of the two....

Return to Top
#1394534 - 05/21/10 02:43 PM Re: Sour Grapes or the Truth Comes Out? You decide! Clown Boy
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Negative CB...yens are BOTH the "cooliest" wink

Return to Top