Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1457003 - 10/19/10 08:21 PM Ghost Stories Anyone???
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I know this is probably in an old thread somewhere, but I am curious to see if anyone has any good ghost stories , or if anyone has ever experienced any parnormal activity?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1457018 - 10/19/10 08:46 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Dlynn58
Miss Banker Offline
100 Club
I have. We took a Ouija board to the cemetery to scare the kids. The Ouija board (actual game board) moved by itself so we left (the kids screaming and running of course) heh heh heh...

About a week later, the happenings started, but only to me. That's what I get for trying to scare the kids. Nothing major but enough to completely freak me out.

My computer turned on in the middle of the night when being completely shut down.

Late at night, while trying to fall asleep, 'something' pounded the bottom of my mattress and made it bounce. It felt like two closed fists slamming down hard...

One night I got up to what sounded like very young children playing (laughing and having so much fun). The sound came from under the couch and sounded like it was *right there*. So as I bent over, because yes, just like in scary movies, I had to look, the sound didn't go away but more like faded out, like they were getting farther and farther away.

Lastly, the family and I were all downstairs having movie day in the middle of the day. I'd go up to my room at various times and every.single.time. I went up there my bathroom light was on. At first I didn't think anything of it, but soon I started flipping the switch harder and harder in frustration and it just didn't stop. Nobody but me went up there that day...

Paranormal? I don't know, but weird, absolutely. We all moved shortly after that!

Return to Top
#1457072 - 10/19/10 10:08 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Miss Banker
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Miss B. I had a similar experience with the lights in a place I used to live in. creepy.

And yes there is a thread...I belive it was quite long...

I could go and dredge it up but maybe it would be fun to get this new one going instead.

Return to Top
#1457124 - 10/20/10 12:34 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? bOaty
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I had a simular issue with the light going on an off all night. I changed the outlet that the lights were pluged into and the ghost must have gotten mad so he left.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1457127 - 10/20/10 12:36 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? edAudit
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Ouija Boards will just get you into all kinds of trouble.

Return to Top
#1457135 - 10/20/10 12:50 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Skittles
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Jumanji!!!

Return to Top
#1457150 - 10/20/10 01:12 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Peepers
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
The first house I lived in when I moved back to my hometown after college (and where we lived for a while after getting married) had a shade that mostly stayed in the kitchen. Creepy, nasty thing.

Our second rental had a tall, thin, older man who just wandered up and down the hall. He mostly left us alone, but a couple of times he came in and sat on the edge of the bed in the middle of the night. That creeped me right the heck out.

Our 'new' house (new to us 2 years ago, but a 30+ year old house) seems to be mostly spook free. On the advice of a friend who knows more about this stuff than I do, I smudged the place before we moved in and placed small stone gargoyles at the main doors. I don't know for sure that it helped...but it certainly can't hurt anything.

Return to Top
#1457152 - 10/20/10 01:16 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Peepers
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
We live in an older home so of course we have plenty of unexplained creaks, squeaks and walking sounds. Doors open and close on their own.

However, one night, many years ago, I picked up the phone after dark to make a call and instead of dial tone I got a "Fire and Brimstone" sermon eek Later we stared to get the same type of sermon out of a speaker for our surround sound, again, only after dark. After that my son started getting it out of his computer, even when it was turned completely off. We talked to a service company about the speaker and they said that the only time they have encountered this was when the customer lived next door to the radio station. The closest radio station to us is miles away and does not even play sermons!

I can't even count the number of times the TVs have turned back on or a remote control car has run around the room when the remote didn't even have batteries in it. shocked

The last really unusual thing was one night we had company and I went into the kitchen to start a kettle for tea. I went back later and the stove was not on so I just thought I forgot to turn it on so I turned it on again. After a little while I realized it had not whistled so I went back in. It was off again and this was a stove with turn dials, not digital!

Now I am so forgetful that I could not tell you if I just forgot to do things or if they are still "happening," probably a little of both. (A mind is a terrible thing to lose)

Return to Top
#1457166 - 10/20/10 01:33 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Rie A
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Years ago when my son was little we lived in a rental house in the country. Story was a woman had died in that house at some point...also, there were gold paper crosses above every door. Don't know how the woman died, could have been old age.

BUT, the walls in the bathroom bled and my son and his dad often saw a "spook" wandering the hallway at night. I don't recall seeing it, except a quickly moving shadow maybe...one of those things out the corner of you eye type things, but they'll tell you what the spook looked like. Apparently it was a friendly enough spook, and not a prankster or meanie...just a wandering soul, I guess.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1457179 - 10/20/10 01:45 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
GLKS Offline
Gold Star

My college fraternity had a guy that would do little things, not mean or pranksterish, I think he just wanted us to know he was there. Back in the 20's there was a fire and a guy name Norman died, so we were pretty sure that's who it was and referred to him as Norm. My two personal experiences: I was sitting at my desk studying, when the dead bolt on my door locked. I was the only one with a key to that room. Since it was right next to where I was sitting, I reached up, unlocked the door, and opened it. Of course no one was there. The other was when my friend and I were in the basement playing pool late at night. We had the radio on, which was located in a closet. The radio started going from one station to the next, pausing for a moment at each one. I went and looked in the closet, no one was there. My friend then said "Cut it out Norm!" and it stopped back at the station we were originally listening to.

Return to Top
#1457205 - 10/20/10 02:09 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR joker
the walls in the bathroom bled ....Apparently it was a friendly enough spook

somehow, these two statements don't seem like they should go together. eek

Return to Top
#1457214 - 10/20/10 02:17 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Becca
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
ANd these stories are why I have Mary out front and crosses inside, thank you!!

Return to Top
#1457228 - 10/20/10 02:34 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? The Minion
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
^^^^now I know who the prior occupant to my haunted house was....

Return to Top
#1457718 - 10/21/10 02:05 AM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I have to preface my story by saying that I purchased my parents house from my dad a few months after my mom died. My mom passed away in the house with all of us around her. My mom was a recipe hoarder...she had an endless supply of recipes she had clipped from newspapers and magazines and recipe cards that friends had given her. One afternoon I was in the dining room going through her collection and pretty much purging. I heard a loud noise in my living room and assumed it was my dog (she was a puppy at the time). Then I looked down and she was laying on the floor by me. I went into the living room and one of my wall hangings was on the floor. I figured I hadn't gotten the nail in the stud when I hung it and then I looked at the wall and the nail was perfectly fine. The only way that thing got off the wall was for someoneto push it up and off. I put two and two together and figured that my mom was making a statement about me throwing out her recipe clippings. eek

Return to Top
#1457778 - 10/21/10 01:20 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Sarah
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
yes...bad, bad idea, Sarah! (Your mom sounds like my mom and she would have been royally p*ssed!)

Return to Top
#1457870 - 10/21/10 03:02 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
When I was younger, we would all see a black cat scurrying through the halls of our house out of the corners of our eyes. Never got a good look at it, but we saw it often.

Still not sure what I think about this, but one night at my wife's (then girlfriend) old apartment she and I and her dog were in her bedroom. The dog started going crazy at the bedroom door - he never did that (he would bark at people outside when he was in the living room, but never barked in the bedroom). I went and opened the bedroom door and saw a lady in a flowing dress/gown. She kind of glowed and seemed to float when she moved, though I don't think she was off the ground. She moved very quickly but very smoothly toward the front door, but she never took her eyes off of mine – for that matter, I didn’t take mine off hers either. I would swear that I saw the door open and close quickly as she went out, but I did not hear it. The dog was at my feet barking his head off ("hold me back, hold me back" smile ), but stopped as soon as she was gone. I ran to the door and tried to open it, but found it locked and deadbolted. When I opened the door of course there was nothing there. The dog, who always acted like he thought he was a guard dog, never came out past the bedroom door, and was under the bed when I came back in and stayed there the entire night (he always slept in the bed). She lived alone and I didn't want to scare her, so when she asked me what it was I just told her "I don't know, must have been something outside, stupid dog".

I tend to think it was a hallucination, though I can't explain the dog being in on it too. He never acted like that before or after... confused

Return to Top
#1457892 - 10/21/10 03:24 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Bobby Boucher
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
The motion activated paper towel dispenser in the men's room spits out paper towels even when there's nobody near it eek

Return to Top
#1457946 - 10/21/10 04:29 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR joker
yes...bad, bad idea, Sarah! (Your mom sounds like my mom and she would have been royally p*ssed!)

LOL...I almost pulled the recipes I had thrown away out of the garbage but I figured since she didn't send the wall hanging at me I was good! laugh

Return to Top
#1457950 - 10/21/10 04:37 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Dlynn58
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Dlynn58
I know this is probably in an old thread somewhere, but I am curious to see if anyone has any good ghost stories , or if anyone has ever experienced any parnormal activity?

Here is the original thread:
http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=95000

And and...
Click to reveal..
BOO!

Return to Top
#1457980 - 10/21/10 05:03 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? QCL
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
<--- giant baby, scared of ghosts eek

These stories are making me want to hide under my desk and twitch. cry

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1457985 - 10/21/10 05:10 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Aggs
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Then don't read them, silly! laugh

Return to Top
#1458011 - 10/21/10 05:38 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I can't look away!!! grin

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1458025 - 10/21/10 05:55 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? Aggs
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Ghosts stories do wig me out a bit but at the same time I have an odd fascination with them. One of my favorite TV shows is Paranormal State on A&E. It is on at 9pm (Central time) on Sunday night. I wish it was on earlier because sometimes I have a hard time getting to sleep after I've watched an hour of that!

Return to Top
#1458092 - 10/21/10 06:49 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Sarah
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
me too!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1458130 - 10/21/10 07:18 PM Re: Ghost Stories Anyone??? RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Do you ever watch the psychic kids show on A&E?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2