Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1735773 - 08/28/12 03:16 PM NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I don't consider this issue to be political, although politics can certainly play into it. If the forum moderators feel it is political, then by all means, they should take it down.

I just wanted to remind certain indivdiuals that this issue is not going away and it's not getting any better. Illegal is illegal, even when the intentions may arguably be honorable.

NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1735800 - 08/28/12 04:16 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
If a rabbit poops in a meadow and nobody sees it, does it make a smell?

Return to Top
#1735942 - 08/28/12 07:35 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans Blade Scrapper
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Swimware
If a rabbit poops in a meadow and nobody sees it, does it make a smell?

I've never noticed a smell when I saw rabbit poop in my yard. Dogs and other mammals are another issue, however.

I don't feel sorry for terrorists and criminals -- foreign or domestic. If the NSA wants to tap my phone lines, they'll be bored out of their minds.

Return to Top
#1736000 - 08/28/12 08:44 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I would hope they were applying some profiling metrics rather than listening to the rest of us...

Return to Top
#1736009 - 08/28/12 08:58 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
I really dont have a good answer for this one....
The concept is, of course, abhorrent! On the on the other hand, I am certain that there are things that must be done for the safety of all of us that are just that, abhorrent. In the ideal utopia, it wouldnt happen that way. But that's not where we live.

If you ask me if its ok to burn someone, I would say no. If you asked me if its ok to burn someone to save my grandchild, I'll hand you the torch.

I'm not always sure that morals are all that clear.

Return to Top
#1736473 - 08/29/12 10:29 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
buggs Offline
Power Poster
When you only use one tool, every problem looks like a terrorist.

Return to Top
#1736491 - 08/30/12 02:12 AM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
when people are convinced this is the only tool you're using, then you've won the battle...

Return to Top
#1736649 - 08/30/12 03:00 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
when people are convinced this is the only tool you're using, then you've won the battle...

And when you combine warrantless wiretaps with abuse of adminstrative warrants you've set the foundation for our kids and grandkids to live a much different life than us. "Safer," you say? I'm not so sure.

Return to Top
#1736652 - 08/30/12 03:01 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
"Just because I'm paranoid doesnt mean they aren't really out to get me"

- anonymous and in hiding

Return to Top
#1736657 - 08/30/12 03:05 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans Bankbb1, PITA
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
"Just because I'm paranoid doesnt mean they aren't really out to get me"

- anonymous and in hiding

Classic deflection, but only a deflection. (Thanks for playing!) laugh

Return to Top
#1736658 - 08/30/12 03:07 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Neve knock a good deflection.
Better to be shot at and missed than to be sh*t at and hit! wink

Return to Top
#1736660 - 08/30/12 03:09 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
I make light, simply for the purpose of making light.

It is a valid discussion and one that people need to make.
I dont think it will stop that which is happening, but it is important for the powers that be to know it is discussed.

Return to Top
#1736693 - 08/30/12 03:47 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
keep your eye on the Federal Reserve!

Return to Top
#1736910 - 08/30/12 07:48 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
buggs Offline
Power Poster
"Do not keep saying to yourself, if you can possibly avoid it, "But how can it be like that?" because you will get "down the drain," into a blind alley from which nobody has yet escaped. Nobody knows how it can be like that." ~ Richard Feynman

Return to Top
#1736916 - 08/30/12 07:55 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Well I know what a moderate would do, if there was an issue that said moderate felt was very important. Said moderate might even be obsessed with said issue.

Then said moderate might vote for something new at the ballot box. That is.... assuming that he/she is actually moderate.

Return to Top
#1737294 - 08/31/12 05:47 PM Re: NSA Still Warrantlessly Wiretaps Americans Sound Tactic
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Moderate
Well I know what a moderate would do, if there was an issue that said moderate felt was very important. Said moderate might even be obsessed with said issue.

Then said moderate might vote for something new at the ballot box. That is.... assuming that he/she is actually moderate.

But how can it be like that?

Return to Top